Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

Daily Chat

MsMarginalized

Janet I have an all green tie-dye shirt that I wear around the house....hmmm when I get out there & prune the rose WHIPS (2 years left alone & they look like aliens with tentacles all over) I might have someone snap a pix of me (& if I feel REAL adventuresome I'll post it here)

C'mon y'all---picture up in your tie-dye & let's see what we all look like!

Sprockets

It's all about the boots!

Busy day yesterday and today I have to attend a conference all day at a fancy hotel. At least the subject matter is varied and interesting. Hope the food choices are good! It's going to be tough looking at those chocolate chocolate chip cookies on the breaks though.

uttercaro
C'mon y'all---picture up in your tie-dye & let's see what we all look like!

I have the perfect out; I don't own any tie-dye. I used to have some extremely loud tie-dye pants, but I haven't seen them in years.

Caro

JanetP

Oh, Caro, I'll bet we can find you some tie dye!:D I was even wearing patchouli in that pic, too.

Seriously, that is the first pic of me in years in which I look happy and relaxed and I don't mind someone else seeing it. I usually avoid pics of myself.

patricia52

Lov seeing the happy you. I don't have any tie dyed shirts but I'm sure I have sime with good stains I could model. On the bright side, my scales were nice this morning.

Baby watch 13. Still waiting. Yesterday the doctor said he is still not ready. Hope this doctor knows what he is doing. Baby is now 10 days late.

Java

been working on collections all day so far ~ i'm alllllmost ready to start on fresh paperwork/billing but i've got a headache ~ boo hoo hoo!

no chai today and no heartburn ~ i just won't brew it so strong anymore

*sighs*

GAgirl

I am home! Missed you all and constantly referred to "the people on the DF" when talking food which was most of what we talked about since there is a fab restaurant on every block...actually 10 on every block, LOL...still, took a vacay totally and that means I ate the best choice from the menus, but ate even the breads and the rices, and licked my chops, enjoying the cheat as I knew come today all was back with a vengeance to the LCHF lifestyle I DO prefer!!!

All that carb action made me sleepy and I am already like that anyway from my other issues, but forgot how sugar makes me so wiped out...I could tell a difference in 3 days!!!

We did too much walking and I had blisters and swollen feet and had to soak them in ice water as there was a heat wave there! Go figure! Sweated so much we all smelled! LOL

Saw the first race of the America's Cup...had to stay in a tent and see it on a monitor there...needed to sit and get out of the sun.

Had a wonderful time and still got to nap and take care of myself , so all was well. Missed DF!!

ramon
been working on collections all day so far ~ i'm alllllmost ready to start on fresh paperwork/billing but i've got a headache ~ boo hoo hoo!

no chai today and no heartburn ~ i just won't brew it so strong anymore

*sighs*

Get some bath salts and do a nice hot relaxing bath with candles only. A little soft music but put the kid down so you can have a hour to yourself.

Java

i'm shaking and in tears ~ i know better than to try to deal with ppl i know are a$$holes, but i thought i was doing well enough to deal with this jerk. guess not........

*angry, sad & despises being screwed over*

MsMarginalized

Javagurl, one of my "job of the months" was managing a collections agency...pm me if you still need to vent/want ideas. Tonight you should treat yourself to some "me" (either time or stuff....)

GAgirl
i'm shaking and in tears ~ i know better than to try to deal with ppl i know are a$$holes, but i thought i was doing well enough to deal with this jerk. guess not........

What happened? I hope you are ok...luv ya javafriend!

GAgirl

Hubs has his own biz as well and I get so angry at customers who don't pay and are really just nasty people...I have cried and screamed many times and then took a Mother's Little Helper pill and let it go until he brought their names up again...rewind, same scene all over again.

apollo322

We've all got one of those girl! I can deal with just about anything from a customer- except not paying a bill. Happily " fired" a few customers last year because I got sick of chasing my money. Don't let them bother you, they lead miserable lives!

Java

right?? i would never dream of treating the ppl the way these ppl act at times

*cleansing breath*

so, today i will be back in the office doing 'fresh' invoicing - lol - AND, it's humpDAYYYYY (in camel's voice from commercial) so blippidy blah

:D

Java

so, y'all, how do you handle collecting from ppl? i mean, for instance, let's say you were called to repair something on a customer's property that was damaged by a third party, i.e., cable/phone installation, fence installation, etc..........and homeowner isn't paying the bill and saying the company that damaged it needs to pay, but the company that damaged it isn't paying either

now what?

bend over and take it up the tail pipe? this angers me to no end, i'm pretty sure i was frothing at the mouth yesterday

sure, there's small claims court, that we'd have to pay for, lose time arguing the case and even if we were awarded judgment that doesn't mean that 'they' are going to pay

thank gawd 99.9% of our customers aren't like this, but it only takes one to make you lose it, ya know?

GAgirl

make the party that damaged it repair it. Now if that is not possible for you as the other party does not do the work you do, then I would do the repair and bill the homeowner who in turn needs to pay you and then send the bill to the other party who did the damage. The homeowner must pay you nad then fight to get reimbursed from the others. That's their problem not yours. They need to take the other company to court to get reimbursed for what they had to pay you to repair it. You can put a lien on their property in order to get them to pay you, but just threatening that usually does the trick. You did not do the damage so you should not wait for payment. you came to the rescue. Make sense?

Java

totally agree and we have both explained this to the homeowner...............i looked into small claims fees and i will inquire about the lien

just so effin redonkerous!! it's even in our policies and procedures to which he signed!! *screams*

a$$hat

Seagal
so, y'all, how do you handle collecting from ppl? i mean, for instance, let's say you were called to repair something on a customer's property that was damaged by a third party, i.e., cable/phone installation, fence installation, etc..........and homeowner isn't paying the bill and saying the company that damaged it needs to pay, but the company that damaged it isn't paying either

now what?

bend over and take it up the tail pipe? this angers me to no end, i'm pretty sure i was frothing at the mouth yesterday

sure, there's small claims court, that we'd have to pay for, lose time arguing the case and even if we were awarded judgment that doesn't mean that 'they' are going to pay

thank gawd 99.9% of our customers aren't like this, but it only takes one to make you lose it, ya know?

Aren't there contracts/job orders with payment details printed on them prior to doing the job? Maybe things are different now.

Java

we invoice the customer after the work is performed since we never know how long it will take or what parts will be needed

our customers are given copies of our policies & procedures which explain everything we do, the services we provide, our billing rates, etc etc and they sign a form with their info on it when they sign up to be a customer ~ so they know a head of time how we operate

anyhow.........just finishing today's paperwork and ready for a beer!

:)

i have a friend (my only friend, IRL, actually) and her grown daughter and grandbaby (well, he's 2) coming over tomorrow morning to visit ~ i only see her a couple times a year it seems ~ i gotta figure out what i will feed them for lunch!

moneymeister

I love it Janet!!!

I got all dressed up and posed for some glamour shots yesterday. I thought ya'll might like to see what a sexy momma I am!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7281[/ATTACH]

Java

we still have time to file a lien but you think we should threaten first, like, 'if debt is not paid in full within 15 days we will be filing a lien with the county'?

prison orange isn't my color........gotta keep reminding myself of that - LOL!