Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

Daily Chat

ant hill
Anthill- still that type of camping with all it's challenges is my kind of camping. Oh and what did you finally decide on eating?

OK, With the thought of being stranded and very very cold the life of the engine was heaven!! and a 400Km trip would take the whole morning so I had Ministrone Soup. Not exactly breakfast, But it's food None than the Less in a 800W Microwave and Inverter while the engine's running so the Altenator is having a Hernia with the demand.

So you would think I was happy with that. No!!! I was still after more. With some careful driving in low ratio 4WD climbed off the mountain and tummy rumbling found a caf'e 150Km en reoute toward Melbourne and had Eggs Benidict and Coffee. :)

JanetP

Java, I marked your homemade soap site. Do you often do that? I've been reading about making home made laundry soap. etc and just haven't tried it yet.

No, we never were able to get our kitchen stuff out of the old apartment. we had to replace what was missing. I was not happy but really couldn't be angry. He was working, seeing to me in the hospital,and driving an hour from the old place to the new one.

Peggy, hope all goes well at work today.

Sunshine, hope your car is fixed soon.

Patricia, good luck on the baby watch. Backyard camping can be fun.

Peter, what a trip! I'll be the eggs benedict tasted like heaven!

H & P, hope your boo-boo is better. At least it wasn't your head! :)

Java

janet - i've been making my own laundry soap for yearrrssss - so easy to do - couple years ago i had run out and bought some store bought kind to use til i got around to making more and i have a really bad allergic reaction to it - serious swelling and numbing, sooooooo i only use the homemade now

peggy - hope you end up liking your new office

sunshine - how nice to have credit for more books!!

Halves&pieces

H & P, hope your boo-boo is better. At least it wasn't your head! :)

Rocks don't hurt my head, it's much harder. :-)

Speaking of tea, the same brand (Bigelow) that does the Constant Comment also make Sweet Dreams Herb Tea. I've just started drinking a cup right before sleep and it absolutely knocks me out. Doesn't have anything in it as I see to do harm. It's not as tasty as the CC, however.

Java

hey! *MY* office is in the basement!! lol

today was a good day, got a lil exercising in, got my business schtuff done, got some housework done and laundry done, did a lil cooking......didn't get my laundry detergent made tho - it'll haffta wait til tomorrow

MsMarginalized
...Diania, I went through a move a few years ago where I had packed up everything but the kitchen. Then I was hospitalized with cellulitis from a cat bite on the weekend of the move and Himself did not pack up the kitchen at all. The movers came on Saturday, he turned in the keys, I was discharged on Monday and while he was at work on Tuesday I started unpacking and realized we had no pots and pans and no silverware. The only reason the china made it was because I had already packed it and it was too late to retrieves what had been left behind.

I had to do a couple of moves COMPLETELY by myself (with the 2 cats & 2 kids) when DH was deployed in the Navy...could have used the Navy movers, but after the fiasco they did with our very first move, I wasn't letting them anywhere NEAR our belongings.

NMSunshine

Car still runs, but worst confirmed. It'll be 3x what we had hoped to fix. Dh will do all the work, so only cost of parts but still a blow to a tight, tight budget. I have savings just for this type of thing.

Girl Scouts start back up again tonight.

So whatcha making for Labor Day?

Halves&pieces

So whatcha making for Labor Day?

I'm gonna do the flour less pizza that was in the LC section the other day. Got all the ingredients, got the time, got the BEER, got the MOJO. Haven't had a pizza since dx. I may not stop to breath during consumption, except to swallow the BEER down.:-

GAgirl

Halve-

I made it too the other night! Perfection ! Great pizza!

I used pepperoni (turkey) green pepper, sliced kalamata olives, oregano, basil, garlic, and it was fab! Have fun!

JanetP
Rocks don't hurt my head, it's much harder. :-)

Speaking of tea, the same brand (Bigelow) that does the Constant Comment also make Sweet Dreams Herb Tea. I've just started drinking a cup right before sleep and it absolutely knocks me out. Doesn't have anything in it as I see to do harm. It's not as tasty as the CC, however.

Celestial Seasonings makes a Sleepytime tea that is quite good, too and I think it also comes in a vanilla flavor. Sweet dreams/

Peggy_TX
Diania, I went through a move a few years ago where I had packed up everything but the kitchen. Then I was hospitalized with cellulitis from a cat bite on the weekend of the move and Himself did not pack up the kitchen at all. The movers came on Saturday, he turned in the keys, I was discharged on Monday and while he was at work on Tuesday I started unpacking and realized we had no pots and pans and no silverware. The only reason the china made it was because I had already packed it and it was too late to retrieves what had been left behind.

Note to Diana -- I have TWICE bought houses, when we got to the house and found the seller had left us a dishwasher full of dishes!!! (realtors coordinated the return to the owners). Do a last pass, and OPEN every cabinet and drawer (AND DISHWASHER) as you verify they are empty!!!

MsMarginalized
Note to Diana -- I have TWICE bought houses, when we got to the house and found the seller had left us a dishwasher full of dishes!!! (realtors coordinated the return to the owners). Do a last pass, and OPEN every cabinet and drawer (AND DISHWASHER) as you verify they are empty!!!

LOL!

We used to own a remodeling/cabinet making business & one month we swapped cabinet additions to the kitchen for rent....DH never quite got around to finishing them (they've had no doors for about 2 years). So that's what he's been doing today (& I can see in 'em that they're all empty). But thanks for the laugh! :)

GAgirl

Anyone have an e-reader? What kind do you have and how do you like them versus a hand held book?

I have a Nook color and a Nook regular. Love them, especially the color one , but there's something about a printed book that I miss, maybe the paper and ink smells...

Phil
Special day today, August 25th. Celebrating 27 years of marriage. The last 20 years have been wonderful...I haven't seen her since 1993. Once every few years she'll send me an e-mail asking how I'm doing. I lie to her and tell her I miss her.

"Happy Anniversary, sweetheart..." :whistling

Reminds me of the fact that Ive been married for 23 years. Best five years of my life.

MsMarginalized
Anyone have an e-reader? What kind do you have and how do you like them versus a hand held book?

I have a Nook color and a Nook regular. Love them, especially the color one , but there's something about a printed book that I miss, maybe the paper and ink smells...

One of DH friends gave our DS his old kindlefire Memorial day...we were SUPPOSED to have shared-custody (him & I) but I must confess that I've hogged it all summer...that's ok-his AP Lit course is heavy on the reading and he IS allowed to use it (so like today I bought the Pride & Prejudice for him on the kindle) and he meekly asked me if I'll let him take the kindle to school? (I guess I'll have to!)

edit to add: the thread about Is there any bookworms (or something like that) has a lot of discussion about e-readers.

Java

mornin y'all! GA - i don't have any of those - i just read plain ole paper books :)

i'm still hurting, really not sure WHY - apparently the adjustments at the chiropractor aren't fixing this problem this time - i've put icy hot on it and now i stink - lol

well it's a holiday wkend and we have no plans - well teen does, but the hubster, lil man & i don't - i'm sure we'll figure out something or end up just chillin

i didn't get my detergent made yesterday, so i'll do that today and hmmmmm, which new book to start today?

rfrankr

Woo hoo! Going camping this weekend with friends. We're doing half the meals, they're doing the others. Should be interesting. They'll probably have pancakes and biscuits for breakfast.

JCinVA

My mom had a kindle fire. She hated it! Too hard on her eyes. A friend of mine has one of the older amazon readers, just the b & w, and he loves it, brings it wherever he goes.

Java

takin a break eating a big spoonful of peanut butter & sippin ginger peach green tea, iced of course

i got the weeds sprayed around the property and drive - took all the trash, recycling and cardboard boxes to the dump ~ cleaned and washed my car

oh! i should go get into those almond flour choc chip cookies i made yesterday............