Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

Daily Chat

adiantum

How often do people break into a jail?

This bloke will be the entertainment throughout all jails after this.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6212604/accused-man-runs-onto-prison-grounds-in-an-alleged-attempt-to-escape-police/?cs=12

" A 46 year-old man is facing a string of charges after a police chase through the Hunter Valley on Tuesday.

The hunt began when police pursued tipper truck, which had been stolen from Surry Hills in Sydney, around the Gloucester area on Monday. Officers later discovered the truck hidden on a property in the area.

Then, on Tuesday, police spotted a second stolen vehicle near Musswellbrook. The utility, a Toyota Hilux which had been fitted with stolen number plates, had been used in a drive-off at a service station in Scone around 10am that morning.

Muswellbrook police pursued the vehicle, but the chase ended two minutes later when the Hilux crashed through a farm fence near Halcombe Hill.

Police say they pursued the driver on foot as he fled across an adjacent rail line and into farm paddocks. The suspect, police have said, was unaware he had fled into the grounds of St Heliers Prison Farm.

The man was arrested and taken to the Muswellbrook Police Station where he was charged with 15 offences including stealing, stealing a motor vehicle, police pursuit, fraud, driving in a manner dangerous, unlicensed driver, trespass, resisting police, goods in custody and custody of knife.

He was refused bail and ordered to appear in the Muswellbrook Local Court on Wednesday."

adiantum

This reminded me of another thread in which we discussed lychees.

This is an alarming issue in which serious toxins within the fruit are killing children.

These toxins had to be soil borne which is another reminder that we are destroying our planet.

Encephalitis from lychees kills 31 children and hospitalises dozens more, Indian officials say

A file photo shows lychees hanging from a tree.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-13/encephalitis-lychees-kills-31-children-hospitalises-dozens-india/11206868

TX_Clint

The toxin in lychee fruit appears to be natural. This same issue appears in Jamaican fruit, ackee and has been identified as methylenecyclopropyl- alanine (MCPA), also called hypoglycin A. A similar substance is found in lychee, methylenecyclopropyl-glycine (MCPG ). Among other things these toxins cause severe hypoglycemia. 

adiantum

Great reference link Mike.. it says  unripe fruit has green skins.. I only ate them when the skins had turned brown.

Oh those poor children!!

adiantum

Correct spelling is vital when describing a house for sale. This house seems to have easy care boarders  although I'd prefer the borders to be easy.

Other features that complete this special property include: A fully fenced yard with plenty of open space and easy vehicle access - Beautiful established gardens with easy care boarders, pathways and sitting areas - 6m x 9m Colorbond shed with power connected and great workshop space

meyery2k

A very good friend of mine would write that grammar is knowing the difference between your (naughty word!) and you're (naughty word!).

buddy7
20 hours ago, TX_Clint said:

The toxin in lychee fruit appears to be natural. This same issue appears in Jamaican fruit, ackee and has been identified as methylenecyclopropyl- alanine (MCPA), also called hypoglycin A. A similar substance is found in lychee, methylenecyclopropyl-glycine (MCPG ). Among other things these toxins cause severe hypoglycemia. 

Hi, Clint, I’m enthralled by your knowledge of the Ackee fruit when I met and married to my Jamaican wife, the obvious happens my wife took me to Jamaica to meet her family, because the locals grow these Ackee trees in abundance, a few trees to every backyard. The Ackee fruit cooked has become their National dish, called Ackee & salt fish. But if you are prepared to eat their National dish, I was curious to know the history behind their National dish.

One of the locals told me the Ackee fruit not ripping is a poison, given time can kill you within the day. There’s a process before it can be harvest/picked, I was told by the locals, and before the Ackee fruit can be picked/harvest all 3-4 sides of the pod must be fully opened on the tree, seeing the black seed inside, which allows the toxin in the fruit to naturally dispersed, never try to force the pods open.  With good eyes and good daylight, all this can be seen just standing at the bottom of this huge tree.

Anyone who been to Jamaica or planning to go there, you must try their National dish, Ackee & salt fish, with all the other herbs added. An absolutely tasty dish.

image.thumb.png.41ad25ad0f75a5d29a8801b61e81368a.png

meyery2k

buddy7
7 hours ago, meyery2k said:

Hi, Mike, I’d say in more detail, one of our National papers ran a similar story today, are we using our mobile/cell phones that much?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7142307/Looking-phones-causing-bony-spikes-grow-skulls.html

TX_Clint

Had a great night last night at the Hootie and the Blowfish concert. If you ever get a chance the show is worth it.