Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

Daily Chat

adiantum

Nice pics Clint.  They suggest your coping with retirement very nicely.

Is that an asparagus fern on the lantern at the corner of a building?

I love that plant & it has so many memories of grandmothers garden.

A friend has one growing over a lattice wall & its trunks diameter must be 6inches .

A magnificent plant & ideal for floral displays.

adiantum

This trainee pilot should top the class at flying school.

His first flight lesson had his instructor pass out & the student had to push him off him & land  the plane with instructions from the radio.

I know it wouldve been panic stations as I never miss an opportunity to panic , but I cracked up laughing when I heard him say he had no intentions of paying for this lesson.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-01/trainee-pilot-makes-emergency-landing-jandakot/11468580

kudos to the student & air traffic control

adiantum

A spinach farmer has more challenges then a potato grower.

Ive been buying baby spinach leaves & often wondered  how they harvested it.

It has to be harvested at night to stop the leaf becoming too big for the supermarkets size requirement.

It is like moving  grass  with precision blades avoiding soil contact.

I found this an interesting read...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019-09-02/spinach-growers-increase-production-and-eye-asian-markets/11463974

Two harvest machines in a field at Lindenow in Gippsland harvesting spinach.

dowling gram
On 8/30/2019 at 6:16 PM, meyery2k said:

I received my lock for testing.  I opened the box and, wow!  I feel like I am sponsored!  There was easily $200 worth of kit in the box!

Hey Mike--good for you. It may seem like a lot but $200 is cheap for advertising and it probably cost the company half that to make. For their money they get feedback from a long distance rider and their logo splashed all over the island. You will be a walking( or should I say riding) advertisement for them. For them it's simply part of the cost of doing business and they wouldn't do it if there was no benefit to them.

Edited by dowling gram

meyery2k

Had my scalp biopsy yesterday.  Not going to fret it.  Done that rodeo before lol...

Another great day riding.  I warmed up with 50K and joined the group.  I was in the lead to the first rest stop.  That never happens.  I just had this incredible amount of energy this morning.  Breakfast was as much peanut butter as I could fit on a spoon (a ridiculous amount), a handful of macadamia nuts, cheese, and Atkins shake, and some Nuun hydration drink with caffeine.  I have found drinking electrolyte replacement before a ride helps a lot.  We went climbing up one of our hill routes and between the eight of us there was a front group and a back group.  I managed to stay in the front group and was trading the lead with the other.  I lost in the last quarter mile to the riders that weighed less and had lighter equipment but I was very pleased with my performance today.  I then cruised down the hill and just had a nice casual ride to finish.

At the end of the ride, we went to a rider's house where he brewed homemade espressos for us.  Steamed milk and the works.  His wife had homemade biscotti which was divine.  I had to try some.  I met Cleo, a mini greyhound aka Italian greyhound and made friends with her.

Chad at the bike store gave me some racing themed clothing.  Castelli is the brand.  I always loved the scorpion logo but could never afford the kit.  He used to give it to Goodwill but now he knows someone that will wear it out riding it lol..

Image result for castelli logo

I didn't get a picture of Cleo but this is close enough...

image.jpeg.1bd62366dcd4dc9fcffae906a3c61d51.jpeg

meyery2k
adiantum

Good luck for the biopsy !!'

Great links Mike.

I see spectacular sunsets here when Indonesia's volcanoes send up  plumes of ash.

Edited by adiantum

adiantum

This is park litter I bought home to put the steel canisters  in my recycle bin .

I'm hoping someone will identify the tablet. I usually see pink ones in the park but Ive not seen this one before .

Its half white & half green &  I'd hate it if a dog ate it.

1090791993_park005.JPG.e5ca040e6bb17537762274db043d758a.JPG

OneEye

Image tells me nothing, too blurred. Any tablet like that should have markings on one side or both. With those...I can probably tell you what it is.

adiantum

Sorry about the blurring & not sure if its me or the camera.

Theres no markings on this  pill, the pink one had a heart stamped in it.

OneEye

No markings, it's generic over-the-counter something. Two colors could mean several things. The pink pill... Aspirin Enteric Coated 81 mg.

adiantum

Watching tv  customs shows often has confiscated  pink pills like those.

I took the two toned pill to the local  pharmacist but he couldnt identify it.

He said he has a list of two toned tablets & that one isnt included.

I'm not being judgmental as I dont walk in their shoes,  but I wish they'd not leave their items in the park.

Littering is not acceptable especially when it could be dangerous to dogs and children..

I pick up dog poo so the park is always clean .