Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

Daily Chat

adiantum

This video reminded me  why I stopped accepting lunch invitations ... most this served are not suitable for me.

Look at the size of these items. Even the seeds are too big for tiny beaks. 

I buy  fruit for the birds & possums that  visit my garden but I cut it up so they can enjoy it.

What critters would take a coconut...ok I know it'd be a big critter lol

adiantum

My latest dilema with critters ...

I leave a window open about 4inches  behind my desk  day & night all through the year.

A Camelia shrub covers the window but the birds  still come to the window for treats.

Many bird species , mostly butcher birds, magpies, magpie larks, rainbow lorikeets & the occasional kookaburra.

The Kookaburra finds the windowsill too small  as she crashes through the Camelia, but its one heIl of an entrance that deserves a meat treat.

This week when I was building a jigsaw online , a moth flew though the window opening  being chased by a gecko.

The gecko ran  along the desk behind the monitor , tv etc but at least that fleeting glimpse was enough to ask google.

It was an introduced  house gecko.. I'd never seen one before  although have heard its call for a few years.

2 nights ago, a mouse ran through that window & along the desk.  This is my dilema.. I hate hurting any animal .

I cant set a mouse trap as the gecko could also  get caught. I cant set baits as the gecko might eat it also.

I dont like to bait as that causes horrific pain to the mouse plus  a bird could eat the mouse if it went outside to die.

I dont want mice in the house.

Asian house gecko.jpg

adiantum

I'll have to ask santa for a dash cam .

I wish I already had one so I could share the great vista I  just had when waiting at an intersection giving way to maybe 100 Harley Davisons,  when in the middle of the run was a  road trail  bike screaching  among the thunder of the Harleys.

Dang that was a funny sight!!

I hope the rider enjoyed the experience as much as I  did & I'm still reflecting upon the spectacle.

I doubt he was actually with them as he was dressed in the red check shirt & on a mud splattered bike.

I'm sure every Harley rider enjoyed his company.

Hammer

That bird feeder should have been loaded with various seeds, and maybe peanuts in the shell.  I have some chipmunks and squirrels outside, and I've put peanuts in the shell outside for them, and was surprised to see that birds would come down, grab the peanuts, and remove the shell with their beaks, then eat the peanuts inside.  Where I live, you never know what critters will stop by.  I have rabbits, squirrels, foxes, chipmunks, chickens (from I don't know where...probably from some nearby farm), deer, skunks, a variety of birds, snakes, horses that have escaped from their farm, frogs, etc.  I don't have any fencing around my property, so anything is able to just come onto my property, and check it out.  I don't mind, well, except for the snakes...

adiantum

I think you will find peanuts in the shell between the arrow & bowl of sunflower seeds.

Ive stopped supplying seeds as  it was encouraging rodents, cut ones but larger ones.

I provide ground beef & fruit  in quantities that can be eaten before nightfall.

I'd love to live in a rural region  growing native plants to support the wildlife...maybe one day , with just the house yard fenced for the dogs security.

halia
On 2/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, adiantum said:

This hamster eating reminds me of my cousin

I feel sad for this little guy, I hope the owner gives him a bigger room, it would be cute if he has a small house so he can eat in peace. 😕

adiantum

Kudos to you @halia........... I dont like to see any animal kept in cages, not even fish in tanks or bowls.

halia

Hi @adiantum , your dilemma back in your post was a real dilemma if I were in your shoe too. I wonder how you get away with it? 😅

Edited by halia

Hammer

This the result of schools being run by liberals, I mean, who in this school thought that this was a good idea?

Dowling

No one should ever apologize for their gender only for their actions. To ask a child to do that is cruel and teaches nothing. It only makes that child confused and strips his confidence in himself. I don't blame the parents for being angry I would be too.

buddy7

These are young children, who haven’t yet reach adulthood, please don’t start tarnishing them with that horrid adult brush.
Disgrace the teacher for those comments, then sack the teacher.

halia

What the heck did I just watch? School needs to be closed, for things to be so far gone that something like this occurred and nobody stopped it, it needs ending and the people instigating it should be charged!

adiantum

An interesting weather pattern  of two cyclones known as the Fujiwhara Effect are buiding up on the West Coast of Australia.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-07/two-cyclones-looming-off-wa-set-to-create-fujiwhara-effect/100052066

This one occured in 2009 of Chinas coast.

312976434_TheFujiwharaEffect.jpg.735fbd43c832e694cfc4d8d1ea61a631.jpg

buddy7
On 4/6/2021 at 9:25 PM, ran23 said:

I learned that my Brother passed at 72 yrs.   I am the last of my Family line now.   

I also buried my sister on March 31st London cemetery, age 96 will be missed dearly, I’m also the last of my family line. May she R I P.

halia

I would like to extend my condolences to both of you @ran23 and @buddy7. I know we all wish to live a longer life, especially to our loved ones. Looking on the brighter side, both of your siblings have lived a long meaningful life. I wish you both to be well especially these days. Hoping to hear more from you two in this forum. 🙏

Edited by halia

ran23

New phone coming in today, new OS to learn.   My old phone is suddenly getting tons of robo calls.  Yes, still registered with the 'Do Not Call people'.

Edited by ran23
additions

TX_Clint
1 hour ago, ran23 said:

New phone coming in today, new OS to learn.   My old phone is suddenly getting tons of robo calls.  Yes, still registered with the 'Do Not Call people'.

You do realize that those robo calls are not tied to your phone. To fix that you'll need a new number. 

Hammer

My mother had a device connected to her landline, and when someone called her, the device would come on and say, if this is a telemarketer or robocall, we don't accept calls of this type.  If you are a friend or relative and wish to speak to the party on this end, please press 2.  That stopped all of the telemarketer and robocalls.  Unfortunately, that device was a prototype that a friend of my mother's developed, and you couldn't buy one of them.  When the device stopped working, there was no way to get another one.  The person who developed the device had planned on marketing it, but she made several prototypes, and gave one to someone, who then got a patent on it before the developer could, but the idiot who got the patent on it, didn't have the money to market it, so nothing ever became of it.  I bet that if the developer had marketed it, she would have sold millions of them.  What I don't get is that no one...not one person in this country likes to receive calls from telemarketers, so why isn't this practice outlawed?  Telemarketers do NOT have the right to call your house!  My telephone is a PRIVATE phone, not a public phone.  If you call my house without my permission, then you are abusing my phone service.

halia

@Hammer I wonder why we don't have that kind of device that they can offer whenever we get a new landline or phone. My internet service provider that I've cancelled my subscriptions with a long time ago keeps on pestering me every month.