Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Java

Daily Chat

Peggy_TX

Argh!! I've had run-ins with missing uhaul blankets in the past... they eventually showed up, and I refuse to give them back. (if you return them after some point, you actually DON'T get your $$ back!!)

So we're the proud "captors" of 2 uhaul blankets, and I'm constantly picking up old comforters and blankets from goodwill. And we have our own dollys. Never again will I pay Uhaul (or let my friends pay!) to rent "accessories!!"

MsMarginalized

$67.00

That's what Uhaul wants for those blankets...but when I called their 800# (after 9am EST-so AFTER 7am EST) I got the message that their hours were 7am MST....so I called back at 10am EST (which is 8am MST) I get into their answering system warren that loops me back around on myself to the main menu!

Went to their facebook page & posted "I will use Budget next time"....wonder if they've deleted that? (they actually responded asking me to contact an email addy something like uhaul-cares....so I did email & am waiting....)

MsMarginalized
omg!

maybe the pads are in amongst the boxes somewhere?

could they have gotten left in the friends' vehicles by accident?

Oh, I know the pads are in a box somewhere (not all un-packed yet) and I'll find them...I'll pay Uhaul whenever I can get through and I might just keep them as family heirlooms (HEY LOOK- I paid almost $70 for these 2 pieces of.....)

MsMarginalized

Patricia, I am so sorry for the Mommy-to-be! I couldn't imagine being that pregnant in this heat (we're going to touch 100 degrees today!) Hope it's cooler wherever y'all are at!

MsMarginalized

UPDATE....oh yes, they saw my facebook post. A woman from their "social media" dept. actually CALLED me. I am afraid I was NOT nice (I was soooooooooooooooooo angry by that time). After I made all my complaints I pointed out that I don't like being called a thief. She said no one called me that...I told her that the last bill had an item listed like this: QUANTITY STOLEN. She didn't believe me. Said the same bill in her hand said "QUANTITY MISSING, DAMAGED". So I scanned that puppy & emailed it to her.

Next time she called me with the news: they were writing-off ALL charges and giving me a $25 gift certificate for future purchases....seems someone slipped that little ditty on to the customers bill & no one in corporate knew it was there. (besides the fact that in that particular item on my bill was the number zero...in the first call I did ask her how could that be a zero if I have to pay for two?)

So now, my balance is paid in full (made sure to request a receipt of THAT!) and she did ask me to update my comment on their fb page, so I did.

Peggy_TX
Next time she called me with the news: they were writing-off ALL charges and giving me a $25 gift certificate for future purchases

WTG!!!!

It's not often a human wins one of these -- and you won PLUS "damages"!!!! Good job!!!!!!!!!! :D

(oh -- and add "2 blankets" to your win, once they turn up!!)

patricia52

I am glad you had a successful (kind of) resolution to the U-Haul problem. Hope the rest of your move and adjustment goes much smoother.

ant hill
so glad you are enjoying that tub! i lovvvvve taking uber long baths........aahhhhhhh

well i wore my chunky self out yesterday, but got lots done! i need to pull myself off of the couch and go get some exercise done - gonna be a struggle to get through it today i think - i'd much rather fix my iced chai, grab my book and soak in the tub...........maybe i will do that AFTER i move this body some

and i have therapy at 3 today

Yeah you go girl!!! Keep movi'n and Dance if you have to. ;):D

Java

well it's FRIIIIDAY!!!! woo freakin hoo!! think i'll cook a little today, maybe and i have maybe an hour's worth of office work to do - of course, gotta exercise - take trash/recycling to the dump, spray weeds with roundup and DRINK MY ICED CHAIIIIIII

one of our customers is moving to a smaller house and downsizing and they were giving away a bunch of items they weren't taking with them - we scored a super cool outdoor fire pit - gas - it is up on our private deck off our master bedroom and we also were happy to take a lil 3 piece metal bistro set that we are going to paint this wkend and then it will go out there with the firepit - we also snagged two weathered benches - we will take them apart and refinish the wood but that isn't on the agenda for this wkend - so cool for them to share like that! we are also taking some flagstone from their new house that they don't want, so we'll be able to use that at the entrances to our basement :)

gonna be a lovely wkend so we'll most likely go bumpin around in the jeep tomorrow - so fun!!

MsMarginalized

Java, it felt good in our move to help out the tow truck driver (DH never did get the Toyota running.....)...he was a young guy, just starting out (his wife told him a week ago that they're pregnant). We gave them the shed we were going to leave behind plus a tool box, toy box & some baby stuff (I *hope* I don't ever need baby stuff again!).

We also enjoy re-cycling other peoples stuff if it's something we have a need/use for.

MsMarginalized

I do not know. Was emailed the news that our mortgage moved from the banks underwriting dept. over to their in-house closing dept. (the dudes that put it all together & send it off to our closing agent) at about 3:30 yesterday afternoon.

DH works until 3:30 but he CAN get off early (IF enough lead-time is given) which means that I WILL KNOW by/at noon today if we are closing today....what an adventure this has been!:T

Java

that's awesome, diana! yeah, it's cool to recycle things and help ppl out - i def enjoy giving more than receiving but am super happy to be on the receiving end this time - lol

hope you can close today!!

Peggy_TX

In the "giving/receiving" theme of the morning:

I impulsively entered a contest to win Texans tickets. We are die-hard redskins fans, but have friends that are Texans fans. And yesterday I found out that I won!

I took the tickets over to them and they are THRILLED

It feels like "happy karma," as last weekend they offered us a beautiful leather chair from his (recently deceased) dad's house. They don't have room for it, and wanted to keep it "in the family" (we're picking it up tomorrow)

I <3 good friends! :)

ramon
post-27645-139628785659_thumb.jpgHow bout those Bronco's? They tore Baltimore up last night and Elway breaking records with 6 touchdowns in 1 game. A wonderful way to open the season and I didn't even drink a beer. This is the weekend for all good men to come to the aid of their tailgate parties and bbq chefs. Sunday Atlanta vs Greenbay and Dallas vs Giants ought to be the games of the day. Monday night the Texans and Chargers. Wonderful things to come.

Peggy_TX
[ATTACH=CONFIG]Monday night the Texans and Chargers.

I know you MEANT to say "Monday night, Redskins v Eagles is the ONLY game to watch!!" :D

(what's up with TWO monday night games!??)

MsMarginalized

I don't really watch football but DH would ***love*** to have a team worth cheering on (the Jags haven't been so hot lately).

I've gotten ALL the kitchen in place but must be missing 1 box (all the eating silverware...wtheck???) I believe the box is in the garage, (fingers crossed!) if not, I'll have to go buy new; but there's sooooo much I NEED to buy, I do NOT want to have to replace those! (can y'all tell I have a bit of a stubborn streak?)

MsMarginalized

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My DD found my silverware :)

Oh & we just got home from closing & I have to go BACK to the bank tomorrow to return the certified check that it turned out we didn't need after all ;)