Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JanetP

Apple flax muffins

JanetP

I can't remember which thread this was mentioned in or who posted it but thanks to whoever did.

I made the apple/flax muffin /bundt cake today and it is wonderful!!! I had made the muffins before, but I like it better as a cake. I cut back on the total sweetener by 1/2 cup (powdered form) and used sour cream for my extra liquid and coconut oil. I had to melt the coconut oil and when it came in contact with the cold sour cream it solidified again, but a few minutes with the hand mixer fixed that. And it did not spike me.

I want more flax meal recipes! This has more of the texture and feel of "real bread" than using almond meal and is quicker to satisfy a craving than the almond meal breads for me.

I would like to try this with banana and zucchini, too. Haven't tried a banana bread recipe yet because am not sure what the banana would do to my blood sugar.

kmac

I haven't made it with zucchini or banana. (I don't eat banana at all.) I have used grated carrot though and it was nice. With the carrot one I added more spices to make it more like a spice cake with carrot. Good! So I'm sure othe veggies or fruit would be good. I have also make it without any fruit or veggie at all and it was good. I'm thinking how about pumpkin............

I mentioned this recipe recently, I think, but anyway it is one of my favourites.

Sorry if I repeat myself.

Focaccia Flax Seed bread:

Flax Bread Recipe - Low-Carb Focaccia-Style Flax Bread

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.