Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blufloyd

News you do not want to hear

blufloyd

Today was the day. Metastatic colon cancer. Tumors everywhere. Lung scan tomorrow. Nerve block coming then tube in neck to feed the anti cancer antibodies in. I don't feel that bad but pain has always lived in me. Thinking is it is slow growth stuff so may respond to the treatment.

Love you guys ....Sorry Deb but not sure why.

Not a PSA but get scoped early.

ramon

Wow this is a shock. One day at a time and enjoy everyone one of them. Think positive, you would be surprised at the success rates. My heart goes out to you.

mzteacher

Oh Blu,

I am so very sorry to hear of your news. So many on here really care about you!! I will be sending good thoughts and keeping you in my prayers.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Just such a sad situation.

Hooterville
Today was the day. Metastatic colon cancer. Tumors everywhere. Lung scan tomorrow. Nerve block coming then tube in neck to feed the anti cancer antibodies in. I don't feel that bad but pain has always lived in me. Thinking is it is slow growth stuff so may respond to the treatment.

Love you guys ....Sorry Deb but not sure why.

Not a PSA but get scoped early.

So, I get here tonight, later than my usual, and I see this thread title and how long it's been here and I feel horrible that I wasn't here sooner. Then I read your post and I'm sitting here sobbing. Maybe that's why you are telling me that you are sorry. You know how I am.

I don't know what to say. You are my unique, funny, odd, mysterious, frustrating, life loving, adventurous, DF chat fisherman friend. I think you know that but just in case.

I'm proud of you for this message. You did a good thing, blu.

Well, I'm here for you.

And how is River taking this news?

Caravaggio

I don't know much about your cancer but medicine has advanced, and I hope that the medicine you receive is compatible with your body and works. Think positive and take it one treatment and one day at a time.

blufloyd

River has known something was up fora couple years. tonight she demanded to snuggle sleep in bed. rare when house is 78 degrees.

2 years ago is when the native american asked me how long I had and freaked me out.

Sprockets

As a fellow fisherman I wish you the best with your treatment plan. As long as you can crank that reel there are fish out there waiting to be caught.

chadha

This is awful news. I pray may you come out of it safely n successfully, and this causes less pain. Good luck, Blu.

GrammaBear

I agree with the others and wish you the best. Take one day at a time and stay strong and do go fishing. Fishing is the best activity as long as 'they' are biting and even when they're not :)

Peggy_TX

I am so sorry to hear your news.

I wish you peace, strength and hope.

Emphasis on the "hope" -- the world is bigger than we know, and answers often come when/where we least expect them.

princesslinda

Sometimes there are just no "right" words to say. I wish you strength and peace as you deal with your treatments, and of course, the best results from your treatment. As you can see, you have many forum friends in your corner, and many thoughts, prayers and well-wishes from all of us.