Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blufloyd

News you do not want to hear

Just Susan

Still in tears from reading this thread.  I was about to blow off the colonoscopy my doctor ordered when I came across this but decided to go through with it in honor of your precious blu.

Seagal

Still in tears from reading this thread.  I was about to blow off the colonoscopy my doctor ordered when I came across this but decided to go through with it in honor of your precious blu.

Just the intent Blu had, I'm sure he is pleased to hear.  There are many of us that changed our minds regarding the colonoscopy.

Forester

Indeed!  I had my first ever GI consult yesterday, and am scheduled for the procedure on February 18th because of reading this thread.  I am not thrilled with the idea of the whole thing, and I have no symptoms, but my wife and my GP  are insistent, and it will bring a certain peace of mind.  I'm getting it done.  Thank you, Blu.  RIP

mzteacher

Just Susan the good thing is you went in and got it over with!!! Luckily they were able to remove the polyps and will keep a watch on you. Seems you were meant to read this thread and have it speak to  you. So much better this year then waiting until you know you have a problem. Congratulations for sucking it up and going in!!! ( although a darn shame about the polyps!)

samuraiguy

I have no symptoms.

My GI guy told me after my last colonoscopy--clear, come back in 5--that by the time symptoms appear in colon cancer it has metastasized in most cases.

JanetP

I had 20+ polyps removed when I finally got around to getting a colonoscopy.  thankfully all biopsies were negative.  I'm due again this year.  They have me on a 3 year schedule.

Just Susan

Got my test results back today, the doctor said 8 of the 9 polyps were precancerous and that having the colonoscopy probably saved my life.  

Halves&pieces

I'm speaking as a two-time survivor, Susan. I feel safe in saying that early detection through screenings can save your life. Just my opinion.

Forester

I got 'scoped last week, only 1 polyp, and it was benign.  He said to come back in 5 years.  He did find some diverticula, so no more snacking on nuts and seeds.  Only nut and seed butters for me,  A small price to pay for peace of mind!

fjordscape

I got colonoscoped a few weeks ago. Zilch. Negative result is valid for 10 years. A year ago, I did a fecal occult blood/immunochem, for which a negative result is valid for only one year. This time I asked for a colonoscopy despite no symptoms or history because it's a more effective test. The referral and subsequently the authorization were granted straightaway, I guess on account of my age (late middle age).