Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blufloyd

News you do not want to hear

jenb

Wow, Blu - that's some challenge you've been handed. I wish you comfort, peace and some happiness as you travel the road.

Jen

TrickyTreeFrog

My fwog heart has you dearly in it and my prayers are with you. Keep us informed with the progress...

here at this forums we are survivors we fight ....know that this army of forum family/friends are behind

you 100%.

Hugs

Da Fwog

Laura

moneymeister

Oh no! What devastating news, Blu. We're here for you....but you know that, I think. Hugs.

Today was the day. Metastatic colon cancer. Tumors everywhere. Lung scan tomorrow. Nerve block coming then tube in neck to feed the anti cancer antibodies in. I don't feel that bad but pain has always lived in me. Thinking is it is slow growth stuff so may respond to the treatment.

Love you guys ....Sorry Deb but not sure why.

Not a PSA but get scoped early.

Hooterville

blu, this from Kelly in Vietnam. She sends her well wishes.

You'll appreciate this. DF is blocked in Vietnam but Facebook isn't.

notme

Blu, my heart is broken for you and your family. This IS some of the most devastating news anyone has to endure. I hope and pray that your doctors can help you through this and the outcome is the very best possible. You have many friends on DF and I know they will be here for you through your treatment journey.

My sister was diagnosed in 2008 with metastatic triple negative breast cancer that metastasized to her liver. They gave her no hope. Her doctor got her in a lottery for an experimental drug and her outcome is no less than a miracle. She has been cancer free now for two years. My point is for you to fight hard and fight strong. I know you will.

pat593

So sorry. Many different options out there - I am a 12 year survivor and know many, many more. Keep the faith and prepare to go to battle.

Margie3

Blu, I am so saddened by your news but know how many people care about you and are praying that all turns out well, me included. Please keep us all informed and if you need to get angry or cry we're all here to support you.

Diabetty

So very sorry to hear what you are going through. It is never easy to know what to say. You have my greatest hopes that you beat this Blu.

Moonpie

((((((((((((((Blu))))))))))))))) I am so sorry to read this, but I aa very hopeful that the treatment will kick this darn thing.

Wwroam

Blufloyd

As a T2N1M0, I can't come close to expressing my sorrow at your Stage IV diagnosis. May I suggest that you give the Colonclub forum a try . I've been a member since May 2008. It is still the benchmark for online forums and you will get support and advice from people who are walking along your road. May you have the resilience to give this your very best shot.

Wayne

ramon

Blu the port they put inside you might still be tender and most likely hurt some when they insert the needle. Make sure they give you some local anesthetic or at least freeze the area first. If possible try to get on the pump that way you can still go fishing :( If by any chance you have to do radiation make sure you have it done at the same time you are doing chemo. If you end up getting a colostomy bag please let me know, I am a expert on that subject and much better then your average nurse on the subject. I know exactly what you are going through and I can say its not as bad as we all think, just demoralizing. You will be surprised at what the human body can handle once the mind accepts its fate. To be honest the diabetes scares me more so hang in there buddy its not so bad. Jesus likes fisherman.:)