Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blufloyd

News you do not want to hear

adiantum

Great news blu

I don't pray but I sure send good healing vibes your way .

Tell 'em you have people world wide sending you their best wishes

Hooterville

If you got kicked out today, when do you go back? Do you wait for the white count to come up or do they do something for that?

Glad to hear about the lumps. :)

Phoenix
Got kicked out of chemo this week. Low white count. But the nurse person couldn't feel any of the abdominal 'lumps'. I told her it was prayer. lol

you're darned tootin' it is!!

ramon
Working on getting a drug to boost the count. I'll be 'working the phones' tomorrow.

Should be covered but they don't like it, $5thousand to 7thou a shot.

mjrc64

I have not been here much since Septemberish, and am so sorry to read about your diagnosis, blufloyd. But, I am glad to see you are getting good results with your treatment. I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers.

Michele

GrammaBear
Cats an results were great. Shrinking away. Time to keep on keeping on

I'm glad to hear your results are good. Been thinking about you and wishing you the best.

blufloyd

Wow steroidal heck is in affect. 300 plus bgs. More novolog dropped it 130 points hoping slide continues. White count dropped so booster shot Wednesday.

blufloyd

Hey, Life has sent me a high inside fastball tonight. You might call it a curve but it seems quicker than that.

Some sweet young thing I have known for a few years as a bookseller etc that is now a well paid professional in a status industry handed me her card and said call me some time for coffee. Lets see, diabetic, dying of cancer, and single by choice for years. Am I just vulnerable? Or is it too late for love whatever that is? Maybe she is just the devil checking me out for future assignment. Confused and no clue as to what to do. I'll ponder this more on the pond in am.

Calgal98

So, go for the social aspect of it and if it comes to more thank the heavens that be. We ALL need friends to spend time with. Coffee is a no threat situation. It may not be more than that. It doesn't NEED to be more than that. Go with the idea of a fun time spent and see what happens.

MalteseMom
Hey, Life has sent me a high inside fastball tonight. You might call it a curve but it seems quicker than that.

Some sweet young thing I have known for a few years as a bookseller etc that is now a well paid professional in a status industry handed me her card and said call me some time for coffee. Lets see, diabetic, dying of cancer, and single by choice for years. Am I just vulnerable? Or is it too late for love whatever that is? Maybe she is just the devil checking me out for future assignment. Confused and no clue as to what to do. I'll ponder this more on the pond in am.

As long as you're breathing you're still alive so go for it! She asked you to invite her for coffee, not get married and have a dozen kids and raise puppies on the side for extra cash. Don't overthink it. Go for it! Yay you!

Hooterville
Ok 48 hour waiting period started at 6 pm. lol.

Oooh, I'm excited for you, blu! Can't wait for the waiting period (LOL!!!) to be up. Keep us posted. Woo hoo!

TrickyTreeFrog

Think of it as buying a lottery ticket...and hope your numbers are called....

oh wait you have to call HER numbers...then hope you win the lottery...yea that's the ticket.

Hugs

Da Fwog

(sits by the pond to see blu ponder over it ribbit)

moneymeister

Yeah Blu, totally should call the girl. We are all dying...at different rates maybe, but why not have fun and enjoy life until you just can't do it anymore.

GAgirl

Go for it, but don't expect anything other than coffee and then it will be nice and fun, and if it turns out to be something more, you will be excited all over again! Yeah! enjoy your coffee date!

...and by the way, about what you said, about D, cancer, and single by choice for a while...the D, many have it, the C, many have that , too, and when you find a person in this world who DOESN"T have any problems, let me know, as we all do and she does, too, you will just have to have coffee and talk long enough to find out hers. None of that makes you less than anyone else!:)

Seagal

What a wonderful curve on your journey Blu! As other say, go for the coffee and friendship, that in itself could be all one could want.

Keep us posted.