Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

(Retro commercial reference) Your Brain on CARBS!!!

GAgirl

Remember the commercial - "This is Your Brain on Drugs!"?

the guy cracks 2 eggs into a super hot pan and fries them like the drugs fry the brain?

Well...that's what I thought of tonight when I found myself singing so every song on the radio in the car coming home from Carraba's Italian chain restaurant...

then still flitting around the house singing 2 hours later...my brain on carbs!

I am seriously feeling like I am bouncing off the walls, the kid hopped -up on candy- the druggie hopped-up on speed...the diabetic hopped-up on bread carbs! White bread, no less...Oooooooooooo:eek:

Continued on my LC accountability thread: Falling off the LC wagon..................see you there or be square

Caravaggio
here's another post since now it's been an hour later and cannot edit the above post...

3 hours pp- now 185!!! (2 hour pp was 168)

Posting a new one wasn't difficult, was it? ;)

Hope your BG recovers fast.

GAgirl

Update- I have now had a headache for the last 3 hours , so 169-185 and maybe more, haven't tested since the 3 hour pp...doesn't feel good in my head. Anyone else get headaches at these numbers? T2's?

man, the meal tasted good, the ambience was nice, my husband was sweet and dressed up nicely (void of t-shirt and shorts) and it felt so right to be so wrong...now it just feels baaaaad....c'est la vie -when you play you pay!

PS0 Hubby took the REFILLED bread basket away from me and hid it on his side of the booth for my own good, and I was jonsing for another piece like an addict which I know I am - a sugar addict!!LOL

Yet, he doesn't like it when I take away his cigs or drinks, so why is it ok for him to be bad, but he doesn't want to see me be bad?He said he was very proud of my and all I have done so far with tackling this head on and that a little cheat on bread was ok, but he was doing this for my best...yes he was, and I do appreciate it. I wish he would see I ask him to quit his stuff for His best, too...Ain't gonna happen, though. Sigh

Kenton

I like Carraba's, Tag Pic Pac is my favorites item on the menu.

But it is a once in a very once in awhile place to eat ( usually my Moms birthday or Mothers day since she also loves the place ).

And since she is 84 and it is her day I let her pick the place.

But I am amazed how much insulin I end up using to knock the readings back down.

I'd be happy with your readings after a visit there.

GAgirl
I like Carraba's, Tag Pic Pac is my favorites item on the menu.

But it is a once in a very once in awhile place to eat ( usually my Moms birthday or Mothers day since she also loves the place ).

And since she is 84 and it is her day I let her pick the place.

But I am amazed how much insulin I end up using to knock the readings back down.

I'd be happy with your readings after a visit there.

my reading 2 hours was 169

3 hours was 185!!! I stopped testing after that, but it may have gone higher. Gave me a headache!

I had the Spedino deMare- shrimp and scallops breaded and broccoli , but like 7 pieces of bread...my downfall, fresh bread...

GAgirl

Speaking of round.........and square.... I used a square spring form pan for my latest trial of LC recipe and it's supposed to be in a round one...I think it maybe have been too large. Check out my recipe thread to see what happened!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.