Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

Almond Crusted Butter Cake-LC gluten-free

GAgirl

I made this last night! FABULOUS!!! I omitted the sliced almonds on the outer crust because I didn't have any. I also added some Amaretto DaVinci syrup to the mix as well for an extra kick. I let it cool, sliced it into 12 equal slices and when I ate one I slathered cool whip all over the top. Enjoy!(the recipe has nut. facts)

I also melted some butter over the top after as you can see in the pics.

post-55074-139628787114_thumb.jpg

post-55074-13962878711_thumb.jpg

post-55074-139628787112_thumb.jpg

bluemoon

That looks delicious! I will definitely be making that as soon as I buy some more almond flour! My husband is drooling at the thought of it! lol

Seagal
That looks delicious! I will definitely be making that as soon as I buy some more almond flour! My husband is drooling at the thought of it! lol

Note the 10% coupon for Honeyville Grain......(for almond flour).

Georgia, thanks for the recipe it certainly looks like a winner....love the description (from her site).

Hooterville
I saw that Honeyville coupon, too, but I have like 5 bags already in the pantry, LOL!

I keep mine in the freezer because the oil in nuts can go rancid.

jims_forum
Almond Crusted butter cake- LC and gluten-free

I made this last night! FABULOUS!!! I omitted the sliced almonds on the outer crust because I didn't have any. I also added some Amaretto DaVinci syrup to the mix as well for an extra kick. I let it cool, sliced it into 12 equal slices and when I ate one I slathered cool whip all over the top. Enjoy!(the recipe has nut. facts)

I also melted some butter over the top after as you can see in the pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7894[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7895[/ATTACH]

awesome job and first rate chefing. thank you GAGirl

Seagal

Today I made the cake as a bread. I made it the same way, just left out the sweetner and extracts.

We had grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner (with salad). My before meal #was 88, 2-1/2 hrs later 91. Gosh it was good! I'm wondering if a bit of parmesan cheese in the batter would be good. It is a little bland, but I don't want to ruin the texture. I'm thinking toast with my egg tomorrow:)

Seagal
Would be great to have a grilled cheese!

Oh! It was:) the cheese was all melty and oozing out of the perfectly browned & crispy bread. I don't know if others do this, but I used mayo (gasp)to cover the outside of the bread and it does a lovely job of toasting. I'm positive it would brown & crisp with coconut oil or butter, but this time i used mayo.

Even though my numbers were good, I think I will put the ingredients into a breakdown program and see where I stand when I use 2 slices for a sandwich. Will post when I find out.

GAgirl

Made this last night -

I made this almond butter pound cake loaf last night with the Swerve Natural Erythritol like it says to on the recipe!...btw- the almond butter pound cake was a slice (1 of 12 slices-thin) with Polaner all Fruit with Fiber raspberry jam added on top- a tiny spread of it, like 1/8 tsp. maybe, and it's only 6 net carbs per tsp, so basically nill in what I used, and I ate 2 baked chicken thighs and broccoli and yellow squash and 2 hours after I am at 100 and before that meal and dessert I was at 95. Wheeeee!

Recipe is at All Day I Dream About Food

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.