Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard T2

Greetings!

Richard T2

Newly diagnosed (3 days ago) Type 2. Northern Yankee living in Georgia, USA. Hope this is a place that I can get information and try to get my blood sugar under control. Happy to receive any advice anyone can provide. Encouragement is always appreciated.

apollo322

Welcome! You'll find lots of good ideas to help you keep this under control. A little exercise and some reduction in your cArb consumption can go a long way toward reducing your numbers. Nice to meet you:)

pat593

Hi Richard (my father's name - only we called him Dick - different generation huh?)

Encouragement is the one thing you can expect here - lots of people who have been in your shoes, made mistakes, and are willing to share their stories.

It's been a year for me and I would be lost without this forum. I started reading to get a sense of what this disease is really about and, especially in the beginning, to try to break my habit of eating sweets at night. Now my hands are busy typing and my blood sugar is under much better control.

Here I have learned how to first try to manage with lifestyle changes. I've done LCHF for a year now and doubt I will ever stop. The recipes here are great, I have a whole new way of cooking and the people who post really try to help with issues.

What steps are you taking now? Tell us more about your particular situation when you feel up to it - important to immediately cut your carbs, work in a little exercise every day and learn to eat to your meter.

Most important thing I learned here is to accept that this is for life and is not really that hard. It took me a few months to"get it" since my dr is one of those "you got 10 minutes, any questions?" type and did not tell me much about what to do.

Looking forward to hearing about your journey to lower blood sugar!

Margie3

Hi Richard! If it's knowledge and support you're looking for you've come to the right place. Ask as many questions as you need to and come back often for there are so many great and supportive people here who are going thru this with you!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.