Diabetes forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crashandburn

Birthday help

crashandburn

My wife/girlfriend wants to make me a birthday cake(for sunday) but i've been looking and nothing looks extremely easy to do mostly because of some of the ingredients... anyone have some suggestions, shes a decent cook but nowhere near me so i have to find something that won't be undo-able for her....

ramon

I would love a double stacked cheesecake, I don't know why but in my case its very bg friendly and who doesn't like the taste. What a nice wife. Enjoy your special day.

mzteacher

Happy early birthday! I would be leary of using a recipe with so much coconut flour. I find it makes for a really dry product. People have not mentioned them for a while but check out the one minute cakes on here

1/4 cup almond flour

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tbs butter

Melt the butter in a bowl and add the other ingredients. Put in the microwave for about 1 min. This recipe has saved me! You can did lots of things to change it up such as cocao pwder and a few choc chips if desired. as is with whipped cream and strawberries, some blue berries, sm amount chopped nuts, pumpkin from a can with pumpkin pie spices. It is a very forgiving recipe. She can bake several batches in a cake pan. Even if this is not your birthday cake I love it and friends have loved it. Was very popular on df a while back.

mzteacher

RECIPE ALERT ^

I left out 2 tbs os splenda from the one minute recipe. Trying to get ready for work sorry!!

If you add berries, or apples or pumpkin it will need to cook for up to 1 min 30 sec.

It is great as a coffee cake replacement. I just made one w/ blueberries one to take to work. Great with chopped nuts and cin.

When having work parties I bring one or on picnics or outdoor concerts! Friends will ask for it!

samuraiguy

Don't know how many carbs you can handle (I just throw caution to the wind on my B-day and make my favorite homemade German chocolate cake so if you do likewise she could just use a store bought cake mix), but there are several sugar free (not carb free) cake mixes at the store that are easy to make and many can have add ins to make them more like other cakes, i.e The yellow cake can add 2 mashed bananas to create a passable banana cake.

Margie3

I just made that one minute cake because I've been craving cake and didn't want to eat it. I put a little cinnamon and xylitol on the top then some whipped cream and it was delicious!! Thanks for posting! It's just what I needed!

mzteacher

HI Margie,

I am so glad you tried it and liked it! It certainly helped me from feeling deprived! Do try some of the other flavors and see what you come up with!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.