Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

A turning point in my LCHF diet-4th month mark

GAgirl

I tried a little ketchup on my burger the other night and it tasted like pure tomatoes and sugar! I was a ketchup freak! Now it tastes terrible! I think it'staken these 4 months to turn my taste buds around. Now I don't even want it! That's good. I think I will even lower the alterantive sweeteners in all my recipes too. A major turning point. Makes me feel good about the cravings getting better.

GAgirl

I,looked at that reduced sugar ketchup today but I decided just o forgo ketchup period. I hate sucralose and only use it in baking when there is nothing else like in the Da Vinci syrup-it has it in it.

pat593

I just bought the Heinz low carb catsup yesterday - 1 gram with the sucralose. I'd been mixing catsup with mayo to cut the carbs. Hoping the low carb will taste OK.

I too find most things too sweet. But that's a good thing!

moneymeister

GS, I can taste the "chemical" in the foods now. I mostly eat wholefoods and sometimes when eating a processed food, it no longer tastes as delicious as it used to...and I can detect an off flavor. That works for me!

Seagal

Yes, isn't it amazing?

I reduce all sweetner in my baking projects, dh doesn't care for the aftertaste of some sweetners, so leaving most of it out works for us.

I really like the heinz reduced sugar catsup, but when there was a sale on the Walden Farms catsup, I got it....euuuuuu:( I guess I'll get used to it, but it isn't very good. Possibly I can make a thousand island dressing with it:)

jwags

I usually cut the sweetner by half if not more. The other day I cheated and ate one of those little Halloween candy bars. I couldn't believe how sweet it was. So your taste buds do change. I tried the Walden Farms 0 carb ketchup, it was terrible and so thin. I now use the store brand pizza sauce to put on burgers. It is only 2-3 carbs for 1/4 cup and tastes good.

GAgirl

Money-

I agree- I had turkey breast deli meat last night and it is supposedly a great brand (DiLusso) and it sucked! I can also taste the chemicals in it or whatever is in it to make it keep and it wasn't worth even eating! Better off the roast a dang turkey and cut it up and freeze it for later in small batches than this junk!

Starting to make LCHF even easier when the stuff tastes bad, LOL

apollo322

That really is the best milestone, I remember going to my favorite pizzeria with my kids in my 3-4th Month. I took two bites of their crust and quite happily realized I HATED it now:)

It gets so much easier when you can feel how much eating like that sucks!

GAgirl

So I guess Apollo, that 3-4 months is the sweet spot per se for totally change in taste? Good to know that I am on target here. I made some coconut macaroons LC sf today and dang if it wasn't just too sweet!

So now I am learning all over again how to make all this Sf stuff less sweet , while in the beginning all I wanted to do is make all the Sf stuff more sweet, LOL. Amazing!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.