Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blufloyd

Morning Wake Up Readings Part 10.

GAgirl

Thanks for the new thread, blu!! Didn't test this morn since I woke up really late, but at noon, my fbg was 105...god knows what it was at 8:00am, but I got up, peed, and went back to sleep until noon.

Tanikit

Thanks for the new thread Blu! And I will join it with some lows.

04:00am 50 - ate 4g carbs

06:00am 56

And this was on a second lowering of my basal last night. Wonder if I should lower it again tonight or wait and see if things settle?

Uff Da

141 at 4 am. Bah! Humbug! That's about 40 points higher than I anticipated when I gave myself a combination correction bolus and snack bolus of 2 units at 7:30 last night after a reading of 157. Either my pasta dinner at 4:30 took a very long time to digest (with more carbs left than bolus insulin left at 7:30) or the snack had more than the eight grams carb I allowed.

Or is it possible that lack of sleep could have raised my BG? I've been awake since 1:30. I doubt that I got more than a total of two hours sleep.

sweetstar

113 this chilly Saturday morning.

Gearing up to watch FSU play Wake Forest. Go Noles!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Tanikit

Uff Da - the joys of not sleeping - I find my sugars rise in the morning when I get up - doesn't matter if that is very early or very late - I have DP whether I sleep or not, but it seems to be worse if I actually get up and wander around. Pasta I find is evil - it has a mind of its own and likes to mess with sugars - but it tastes nice with cheese sauce (sigh) - its my DHs comfort food so can't stay away from it totally.

MalteseMom

88! Also note that my blood pressure is improving. Before meds it was 140/84. Respirations 66. I couldn't break 75 before. This all tells me my body is liking LCHF. Weight loss hasn't dropped below 162.5 yet, but I think I overdid the calories for 3 days because I was losing too fast. Whodda thought I'd ever have that problem? :)

Uff Da
Pasta I find is evil - it has a mind of its own and likes to mess with sugars - but it tastes nice with cheese sauce (sigh) - its my DHs comfort food so can't stay away from it totally.

My SO is Italian and is not diabetic, so it is hard to avoid having pasta occasionally. And frankly, I like it sometimes just for more variety in meals. I did have to give it up almost entirely during the year and a half I was on oral meds only, but now that I'm on insulin, it takes a lot of experimenting to discover just what I can get away with. Sometime when I'm going to be home and available to test every hour for who knows how many hours (five?) I'd like to test exactly what happens over an extended period after a pasta meal. Need to do that with some of the legume dishes I like to make, too. Would be helpful in timing the insulin and in knowing quantity limits.

mom24grlz
95...wow, and I slept good. Didn't eat right away and 20 minutes later 137. Thanks liver.

this happens to Ashleigh all the time.

Joes Wife

100 at 2:30am, went back to bed, got up at 4:30 and I was at 121. So is this DP???? This is the second time this week I had a pretty decent reading at 2:30ish and then at 4-4:30 when I have to get up it is 120. Is my liver telling me I need to get up earlier??? I still get confused about DP. I didn't exercise last night before bed so I bet that had something to do with it too.

Uff - not sure if lack of sleep raises BS but anxious to see what others think because I experience that at times. Just noticed you are in Washington state. I'm just across the line in Idaho.

Dlife619

105 today...went to the Outback Steakhouse last night, 20oz porterhouse, blue cheese wedge salad, and a baked potato, all the fixings but sour cream!! 1st baked potato I've had since Dx, missed them so much! No spike over 140 either, guess I can eat potatoes again!! Yay!!! Heading to SDSU, gonna be a fun weekend, love my trainer workshops, always learn a ton of new workouts and theories and always fun to be around high energy people!! Still gonna miss football tho...

Bee
88! Also note that my blood pressure is improving. Before meds it was 140/84. Respirations 66.

Resps are 66?!?! Is that even possible? Resps should be arround 12-20! :s

My morning reading was 5.8 this morning ...happy days :)