Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

First ultrasound

GrnEyes84

I had my first ultrasound today and everything went great! There is a baby and I even saw its little heart beating. I am so much more relieved now that I know there is a baby and the heart is beating! I am very excited. There are a lot of risks for me with this pregnancy though, just trying to stay positive and pray about everything. As long as the baby is healthy and I am healthy that's all I care about!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

GrnEyes84

I am in the hospital right now. They just wanna make sure bs are under control and everything like that. I got a long tough road ahead of me but I am staying positive and I know I can do this and everything is gonna be great! I am praying everyday for a healthy pregnancy!

Tanikit

Congrats! Its always great to see your little one in there and know its ok. Good luck for your hospital stay and hope it won't be too long. Pregnancy is even more of a roller coaster than normal life with diabetes so spend some time being amazed about how that little one is forming inbetween all the worries about blood glucose and kidneys and so on. Hope you have a happy healthy 9 months.

GrnEyes84

Thank you so much! I am already amazed by the little one even though it doesn't really look like anything. Seeing the heart beating on the ultrasound was so awesome. It just made my day!

k_dub

Isn't it awesome seeing that heart flutter for the first time?! Seriously, I'm not one to be sappy, but I was completely overwhelmed with joy the first time I saw it (and every time since then).

Lizzie G

so pleased you got to see your little one. was going to reply to your last thread then saw this one.

i know you the underlying issue with your kidneys, which will be looked after, but remember, if you keep good control of your diabetes throughout, other than the more frequent monitoring, you can have a perfectly normal healthy pregnancy ending in a healthy normal sized baby, honestly! iv done it once and am 28 weeks with the second, all is well, im working to 37 weeksthen il have 3/4 weeks at home relaxing before hopefully going into labour naturally around or shortly after my due date; if you keep the diabetes controlled and kidneys looked after theres nothing to fear, it can and will all be perfect x

janice21475

Very happy to read your post. Want to share this link ARE THEY ALL YOURS?!??: The Cause and Cure of Morning Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum I am aware you haven't mentioned Morning Sickness but as I read this woman's post I thought it would also help diabetics.

Keep us posted, I will pray for you and baby.

Janice

GrnEyes84

Well good news is my creatinine has come down from where it was before. Its still not good but it is lower than I thought it was gonna be. About a month ago it was 2.23 and now is has gone down to 1.93. I am hoping it will continue to go down even more as my bs and everything is in good control. I am also drinking tons of water!

GrnEyes84

I am out of the hospital. Good thing I didn't have to stay in there for a week it was driving me nuts. Going back to work tomorrow. Bs have been great and everything is good with the baby and me right now. Thinking positive and continuing to pray about this pregnancy!

rubidoux

Have they said whether you're gonna have to take any extra precautions bc of your complications? I'm wondering if it's helpful to deliver a little early or something along those lines. I'm so happy you're doing well! :)

GrnEyes84

I will have to deliver early. My goal right now is 30 weeks and I am hoping for longer than that. They are worried about me getting preeclampsia early on at this point. I am just trying to staunchly positive and think positive and I am gonna continue praying everyday for this baby! They didn't say anything about precautions right now. Just told me to go about my normal daily activities. I am still happy and excited and I am not worrying. I think everything will be good as long as I follow everything my doctors tell me to do!

Tanikit

Glad you are out of hospital - keep checking lots and drink plenty of water. Pre eclampsia is apparently more common in first pregnancies than later pregnancies for some reason - I went an bought a blood pressure monitor when pregnant with my first as my blood pressure was rising and that helped me keep an eye on it by myself and also got rid of the white coat syndrome I often got when I went in to see the doctors when my blood pressure was always slightly higher than I was getting at home. When is your next appointment - are you having more than normal?

GrnEyes84

My next appt will be on Friday with the high risk Obgyn. I will have a lot if appts from what I am told. They are gonna want to see me often. I have a bp machine and I am going to be checking mine at home and work often too and writing them down. I also had a book made to write down all my bs and my food so I can keep track. I am trying to be very proactive!

ramon

In about 5 more months we need to start thinking of names, a boys name of coarse. I nominate ELWAY for John, the greateat thing that ever happened to Denver. Or maybe Peyton if he goes to the super bowl. How bout EMMIT after the great running back?

GrnEyes84

I have a girl's name picked out but I am having trouble with boys names. I know I want the name Zane somewhere in there though cause my mama loves that name!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.