Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shivani

33 weeks pregnant with elevated Amniotic Fluid Levels

shivani

I am new to this blog, I am 33 weeks pregnant with elevated amniotic fluid level 23.3, at 32 weeks it was 25.5.Did anyone had this situation. I heard if AFI level is not normal it leads to c section and many other complications. I want to have normal delivery giving my best by closely monitoring sugar levels, maintaining normal weight. Tomorrow I have an big ultrasound to see baby growth like weight, length. Its all kind of new to me and I dont have any freinds or relatives who are diabetic moms...... It would be very helpful if someone can share their experiences with high AFI levels.

CaitE

hello -

I had my 34 week ultrasound this AM. The OB said that my amniotic fluid was slightly above 'average' but nothing to worry about. He also said that a good amount of amniotic fluid can be helpful during labour as it can help protect the umbilical cord. I wasn't worried at all. Even though my fluids were slightly higher, they still gave baby a score of 8/8.

Your medical team will let you know if there is anything to be concerned about - otherwise I wouldn't worry too much. I know it's hard and sometimes easier said than done. With all of the appointments, I find myself being given too much information and data and sometimes don't know what to do with it all.

I'm getting to the point where I can't wait to be left alone with my baby and forget about being a type one pregnant diabetic.

CaitE

k_dub

Welcome Shivani!

CaitE - I love when you respond because I'm just a few weeks behind you - so you always give information that I find to be helpful!

I just had a 30w ultrasound earlier this week. They seemed mostly concerned with me having "enough" fluid. I think having too little is a bigger concern.

My understanding is that Type 1s tend to have excess fluid. However, I don't think that alone should lead to C Section.

Hoping others respond...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.