Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

Exhausted

GrnEyes84

Yesterday I spent all day at the doctors. I was there from 8am to 2pm. Met with my Obgyn, my endo and my kidney doctor. I am so exhausted from this. Plus not to mention they had me running all over the place. Also babies dad was being really cranky cause he was sick of sitting there when he told me he wanted to go in the first place. The whole reason I want him going to my appts is so he can hear all the risks and everything as well, he needs to know these things.

Next time if he is just gonna be crabby and complain I don't want him going. I will just have my mama go. I don't want somewhere there that's just gonna fuss about being there with me.

Another thing is he says that this is just like when he had his first child with another girl, which it absolutely isnt. I have a lot more complications and risks than she did so this is nothing like the first girl. It is far far from that! I'm just exhausted and a little irritated right now.

I just need people that want to be there and aren't gonna complain about it.

Haven't been getting much sleep lately either. It seems I get up at 8 to test and then I can't for the life of me go back to sleep it sucks. I used to be able to sleep til noon... but nope not anymore!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

moneymeister

The first trimester is hard. Normal to feel tired, feel cranky and a little unwell. Sleep and everything is crazy while your body adjusts to everything. Not only the physical component but the emotional factor too. So sorry to hear it's tough for you right now. Baby's daddy may not be ready to hear about the risks. Some men don't do emotions very well and he may not want to look at the scary side right now.

How did the appointments go?

Tanikit

Sorry you are having a hard time - I remember my DH not understanding my first pregnancy and maybe it was a good thing he wasn't around as much as he should have been else he might not have let me have the second. He was very involved in the second pregnancy and it cost him a great deal to be involved - I probably still do not realise how much. He will never get it - men cannot because they cannot possibly even imagine themselves pregnant - let alone a high risk one.

Pregnancy is exhausting - my sister said she was so tired at one point that she could not stand up in the shower and had to just sit down and hers was not a high risk pregnancy. Make sure you get plenty of rest.

As for the sleep - get as much as you can now whenever you can because once your baby opens its mouth and makes its first sound you will be sleep deprived even more than a pregnancy - I was saying to friends that in the last 7 years I have probably only slept through the night 2-3 times (and that is not in anyway an exaggeration - we were up with my youngest 7 times last night - I counted!) Whoops - sorry that is a secret you are not supposed to know til your baby gets here :) You'll be ok - just rest when you can!

That was a lot of appointments - hope they went well.

GrnEyes84

All the appointments went great. They are stillness trying to get my bs under tight control. They've been good but have been up and down a lot. I have to see the Obgyn once a week for the next 4 weeks and then they said depending on my bs we will go from there. I have a feeling I am gonna be seeing the doctors a lot but that doesn't bother me as ling as this baby is healthy and everything is on track. So far so good!

Lizzie G

hi

glad all the appointments are going well!

sorry your feeling so tired but in your first pregnancy that will generally ease up around 12 weeks until about 28. i must admit i felt quite jealous about you not getting back to sleep after 8, i have a two yr old who is relentless in his 6 am starts! just resting helps though even if not actual sleep.

it must be hard on your partner knowing you have a difficult pregnancy but not being able to do anything, and hes probably a little in denial about that too and getting his head around it. try not to worry about comparisons to his other experience all that matters is you him and the baby here and now and being kind to each other. i get very hormonal and wound up and its not worth it ever!

in my first pregnancy my husband came to a lot of appointments. this time it just seemed pointless for both of us to be missing work and so on; he came to my 28 week one so he could meet the obstrician and will come again at 36 when we do the birth plan, but thats pretty much it, not because he doesnt care, just not much point. i know its different first time round but maybe its worth talking about which appointments are really worth him being there and which you are happy to do alone.

have a good week.

GrnEyes84

Definitely good to figure out which are important and which aren't. I know he's scared and worried about me so I try not to get upset with him for the most part. My mom is gonna go with me to a lot of the appts cause she wants to know plus I will be moving back in with her at some point in the future. I am glad to have her there and my sister in law who is also prego right now. She has been very helpful with things as well!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.