Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seagal

Almond Doodle Cookies

Seagal

After going through several pages of recipes and not finding this one, I checked my Word program and there it was.

Almond Doodle Cookies

"Crisp, snappy, sweet, yes its a cookie"

1-1/2 cups of blanched almond meal

3/4 cups of Erythitol (or sweetner of choice, Marty likes his cookies sweet)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tsp cream of tartar

1/2 cup of coconut oil

1/2 tsp of vanila

1/2 tsp baking soda

cinnamon

1 egg

Mix 1 egg, 1/2 cup coconut oil, erythitol, baking soda, then add cream of tartar, salt, vanila, finally the almond meal. The dough was a little sticky.

Refrigerated for several minutes until I could form a ball about walnut size. Rolled the walnut sized ball in a mix of erythitol and cinnamon, baked at 400 for 9-10 minutes. Cookies are really soft when they come out, but quickly harden when cooled.

I “crosshatched” with a fork dipped in erythitol & cinnamon, doubt I would do that with the chocolate shavings for a chocolate chip cookie.

jims_forum
After going through several pages of recipes and not finding this one, I checked my Word program and there it was.

Almond Doodle Cookies

"Crisp, snappy, sweet, yes its a cookie"

1-1/2 cups of blanched almond meal

3/4 cups of Erythitol (or sweetner of choice, Marty likes his cookies sweet)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tsp cream of tartar

1/2 cup of coconut oil

1/2 tsp of vanila

1/2 tsp baking soda

cinnamon

1 egg

Mix 1 egg, 1/2 cup coconut oil, erythitol, baking soda, then add cream of tartar, salt, vanila, finally the almond meal. The dough was a little sticky.

Refrigerated for several minutes until I could form a ball about walnut size. Rolled the walnut sized ball in a mix of erythitol and cinnamon, baked at 400 for 9-10 minutes. Cookies are really soft when they come out, but quickly harden when cooled.

I “crosshatched” with a fork dipped in erythitol & cinnamon, doubt I would do that with the chocolate shavings for a chocolate chip cookie.

Not to be stupid - but what is role of Creme of Tarter? Levening agent with soda? Thanks for interesting recipe that looks great - Seagal.

Seagal

Jim, this recipe is from MCS (Marty) on this forum. Not thought up by me...:(

Java, thanks for the link, that was interesting, especially about stabilizing. How I got to be in the winter of my life and not know all that is beyond me. I knew about the egg whites, but not the rest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.