Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CaitE

35 - getting close and more anxious about baby's health

CaitE

Hi,

I am now at 35 weeks and am planned to be induced at 38.5 weeks. I find myself now worrying about the baby's health to make sure that she is healthy and normal - questioning whether I've done a good enough job with the diabetes. Have I tried hard enough? Was I too lazy? I keep being told that we are having an 80th percentile baby. The OB team isn't worried as she seems to be in good proportion (i.e., not just big around the belly). My husband is almost 6' 1" and I am 5' 8", so the team explains that this isn't surprising. I was also almost 9 lbs at birth and 23 " long - 1 week early (about). I can't help but worry that I'm having a huge baby, or that there may be something wrong with her that they missed.

Has anyone else had these increased worries towards the end?

CaitE

rubidoux

Aww, I think most of us worry about that stuff, especially at the end. I had an ultrasound/amino the day before my C w second baby and they estimated him at 10 pounds, which FREAKED me out. I was afraid they were wrong (as they always are) in the wrong direction. He turned out to be 8lb13oz and well proportioned. Like you guys, dh and I were big babies. Somebody's got to be big!

Also, I have to say that I was nowhere near perfect w my diabetes during that pregnancy. Between the morning sickness and the obsession I had w apples I could not get into a groove. My little guy turned out perfect and now that my kids are ten and four years old, I worry more that my "perfect" pregnancy was the one that was not so healthy for baby bc of my lows. I had a 4.2 a1c during that pregnancy which I really regret now.

Lizzie G

try not to worry im sure everything will be perfect.

i SWEAR they actually over measure the abdominal circumference just because your diabetic: at my last scan the femur length was not between extreme points whereas the measurements taken for AC were definitely on the generous size!

my son was projected to be over 8 pounds by 40 weeks. at 39+6 he was 7 pounds 8 oz exactlly half pound less than projected, and a long thin baby.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.