Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

Weird, scary dreams :/

GrnEyes84

Has anyone else had any weird and scary dreams while pregnant? The last couple nights have been really bad for me and it's not fun at all. Its actually a little bit scary to me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

Lizzie G

yes, early in pregnancy i tend to have awful dreams, but these do pass.

how are you getting on otherwise? i often think of you and hope that things are going well x

rubidoux

I had extremely vivid dreams during my pregnancies, especially the second one. But they were mostly good ones, except that I dreamed on several occasions that I got home from the hospital and put the baby in the closet and forgot about it... for weeks. Those were sucky. And then after my first was born he and I took a nap as soon as we got home from the hospital and woke up SEVEN hours later and when I woke up I had the same feeling as in those dreams when I'd realize I hadn't taken care of the baby for a couple of weeks. But it turns out that babies don't really have to eat every 2 1/2 hours like they try to convince you in the hospital. ;)

Lizzie G
I had extremely vivid dreams during my pregnancies, especially the second one. But they were mostly good ones, except that I dreamed on several occasions that I got home from the hospital and put the baby in the closet and forgot about it... for weeks. Those were sucky. And then after my first was born he and I took a nap as soon as we got home from the hospital and woke up SEVEN hours later and when I woke up I had the same feeling as in those dreams when I'd realize I hadn't taken care of the baby for a couple of weeks. But it turns out that babies don't really have to eat every 2 1/2 hours like they try to convince you in the hospital. ;)

hehe jayne you were lucky with that 2.5 hour thing, i remember those first few weeks with sam (until you get to that 6 week mark and let them cry a bit!)

sounds like you had classic "im responsible for another human life" angst dreams!

meant to say in previous post, vivid dreams tend to last throughout, the horrid ones for me were earlier probably when i was fretting more as BG control harder. remember to be kind to yourself, dont beat yourself up, vent here if you need to moan or just for support,and try to think lovely warm mummy thoughts and remember its all about you and the baby xx

GrnEyes84

I am glad that these kind of dreams are normal. I had a disturbing one thwarted other day but I think it was just cause I am worried with this being my first pregnancy. Everything is going great so far. Haven't been feeling great but I know that's normal and it's all gonna be worth it in the end. I have another appt tomorrow. Hoping to possibly get to hear the heartbeat. As long as that babies heart is beating I am a happy mama!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

rubidoux

Maybe the only good thing about diabetes is that you get so many ultrasounds when you're pregnant. I had friends who refused any us's bc they were "interventions" but I could not get enough of it myself, especially in those first months before you feel baby moving around. I hope you have a nice visit w baby tomorrow!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.