Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lizzie G

remind me NEVER to get pregnant again!

Lizzie G

urgh. i am sooooo sick of being pregnant. 30 weeks in and i know its only going to get worse (thats possibly the worst thing abput second and subsequent pregnancies, knowing its only gonna get worse!)

already starting to ache when i bend over, have heartburn (thank god for gaviscon) and generally want to go to bed at the same time as my toddler! had a day off today which was supposed to be spent productively doing stuff for sams new room but basically vegged out like lazy slob!

looking forward to finishing work on jan 9th and sam being in nursery 4 days a week until baby arrives, but now starting to get paranoid that this time will be snatched away and baby will decide to come early when i finish (@ 37 weeks). but probably more likely he will wait and il end up getting induced at 41.......

jwags

One thing is when the baby comes you foeget all the bad stuff that goes with being pregnant. I have 5 kids and when Imwas pregnant with my last the doctor told me to make sure I took a nap each day. I just laughed while chasing 4 other kids aged 3-10 when would I find time to rest. But I wouldn't have changed it for anything.

Seagal

Is this pregnancy any different from your first?

My kids are very grown, so it has been a while for me, but I can recall feeling like a house and waddling like a duck toward the end. It was so nice afterward to be able to see my feet:)

My sympathies to you, but it will all be worth it as you well know with Sam.

Come and vent any time you feel the need.

Lizzie G
One thing is when the baby comes you foeget all the bad stuff that goes with being pregnant. I have 5 kids and when Imwas pregnant with my last the doctor told me to make sure I took a nap each day. I just laughed while chasing 4 other kids aged 3-10 when would I find time to rest. But I wouldn't have changed it for anything.

wow respect to all those kids.....oh yes i know, its sooooo worth it. i laughed at the rest thing, its like when they tell you not to move in a certain way or whatever and then a child flies across the room at high velocity and lands on the bump!!!

Lizzie G
Is this pregnancy any different from your first?

My kids are very grown, so it has been a while for me, but I can recall feeling like a house and waddling like a duck toward the end. It was so nice afterward to be able to see my feet:)

My sympathies to you, but it will all be worth it as you well know with Sam.

Come and vent any time you feel the need.

pregnancy in general very similar, just more tired with everything else going on (older, more stressful job, terminally ill father..). i shouldnt complain too much, i feel lucky to have my family, and to have pretty easy pregnancies (other than the general complaints!!!)

im just scared that tiny voice will start saying "that wasnt so bad and wouldnt a girl be lovely......"!!!

janice21475

Hi Lizzie,

Glad you have a realistic outlook on the process. :) If you are lazing in front of the computer and care to read how another woman handles being PG with 7 children ARE THEY ALL YOURS?!??: The Cause and Cure of Morning Sickness and Hyperemesis Gravidarum I stand in awe at the degree of organization that goes into getting this family through a day. Plus, she has marvellous insight into handling Morning Sickness.

Looking forward to meeting your newest as soon as he gets before a camera. There is another baby picture posted today, Baby and big brother both laying together. Cool shot.

Take care and I wish I could send you some rest,

Janice

mom24grlz

yep like jwags said after the baby's born you forget all the aches and pains. If we remembered everyone would stop after 1 kid LOL! I had a lot of pregnancy and labor amnesia, I had to do it 4 times LOL! (well 6 if you count the 2 i miscarried)

k_dub

Oh, Lizzie! I'm right there with you!

I feel like I've had a pretty easy pregnancy so far, but just in the last two weeks or so I've been aching and not sleeping well at night. I just can't get comfortable!

Not to mention the 18th, 19th, 20th, and 21st flights I took while pregnant last week - seriously?! I was traveling for work last week, sleeping in a hotel and I ordered a pregnancy body pillow at 1:30am one night so that it would be delivered on the day that I got home. It is helping some...

I finally went in to see a chiropractor that a friend recommended for prenatal stuff. Wow - what a difference! I was having a lot of pubic joint pain before and she helped to completely resolve that.

I also just found out that my insurance covers 100% prenatal chiropractic care AND prenatal massages (100% unlimited). What?! I had no idea. I would have been going in weekly for the massages if I had known! Guess it's not too late to take advantage of them now?!

I also keep dreaming of a huge swimming pool where I can just be weightless for awhile. It's cold and windy here - so I'm just too lazy to go down to our municipal pool.

Not only am I "over" the body aches and pains, foot swelling, etc - I'm over all of the appointments. They want me to go in 2x week starting the first week of December for NST (2x week) and ultrasound (1x week) to monitor baby. Ugh.

Tanikit

Yup you will forget it (or at least even if you do not forget it it will get crowded out with someone much more important - that new baby - reading this I desperately want a third - all those aches and pains, all the nausea, the asthma, the numerous appointments, the swelling, the morning sickness, the endless troubles with sugar levels... it is all awful terrible horrible... and that wait and run to the delivery and the anxiety.... I know it, I remember it, it scares me thinking about a third.... but I deseprately, desperately want a third - I have had to promise my DH however that I would get my tubes tied if I had a third. He however remembers the problems I had with the last pregnancy so well and vividly that he is too scared right now to allow me to have another.

So sorry you guys are suffering - if I could take it off you (sorry but with the baby at the end too) I would. Start counting the days and crossing off appointments and thinking of that gorgeous tiny little man you will be holding soon.

rubidoux

Well, ITA that there's nothing as awesome as a new baby, BUT my second pregnancy was just a huge drag! lol I know that sounds awful, but it is true, and I would not want to go through it again. When I had my first baby I was just euphoric about having my new tiny little guy and in awe of how perfect and wonderful he was. After the second I think my euphoria was mostly just about not being pregnant anymore! My second little one was just as precious, of course, but more than anything I felt freed from an impossibly heavy load. There is no way I could sign up for that again.

But the good news is that you're almost there! And IMO there's nothing like those first few weeks. So exciting!

PinkRose

All I can say to you Lizzie is you're a braver woman than most. I never wanted to go through what you're going through when I was younger. I really admire how you're not letting D stand in the way of having your own family - it just can't be easy sometimes with the T1 uncertainties let alone all the other normal hardships of pregnancy.

Wishing you the best in the remainder of your pregnancy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.