Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

Nice to know you can use jam...YMMV... and a recipe!

GAgirl

I tried Polaner All fruit With Fiber. Polaner doesn't have any added sugar so what sugar is in it is all natural. Having said this, the one with fiber -Raspberry has 9 grams carbs and 3 grams fiber for 6 net carbs.(per teaspoon)

I also got it in peach and apricot as the numbers are the same...the cherry and strawberry are one point higher, I think...

I made the almond crusted butter cake and spread a teaspoon on one slice and no noticeable bg raise!

So I can have sonm jam now -just a little for some extra umph! Try it and see how it is for your meter. YMMV, but doesn't hurt to know of something new. Be sure it's the Polaner WITH FIBER, though so you get all that good fiber !! They also have a version that says sf with fiber and that contains splenda for you splenda lovers. Even a little less cabs in that , but I prefer not o have splenda or sucralose when possible.

Here's a recipe with this Polaner All Fruit with Fiber.

Almond Raspberry Jam Muffin Recipe | All Day I Dream About Food

I made these and they were delish! Just be sure the jam is in between 2 layers of mix and not on the bottom third as it says in the recipe as then it gets really oily and sticky on the bottom of the muffing. The jam needs to be sandwiched in between more in the middle. I spread butter on top when it was hot and then spread a tad of jam on top again to eat. There is a super small amount inside the muffins, so it's just for taste not for a gooey center like a cream would be. I ate 2 at a time- didn't raise me much at all.

Peggy_TX

I use the Polaner Apricot on my baked brie….. nom nom nom…..

The tiny bit of sugar is well worth it (all the SF jams I tried had a real "chemical" taste to them)

Sprockets

I take a teaspoon of Smuckers SF Strawberry and microwave it for 15 seconds in a small glass. I then fill it with SF whipped heavy cream and top it with Ghiradelli Cocoa Powder and some pistachios. Works good for me and it's easy.

JanetP

You can make your own jam with fruit and chia seeds. Cook fruit in a few tbsp water till soft, sweeten to taste with whatever sweetener you like, add chia to thicken. I don't have specific measurements, just eyeball it till it's right for you.:)

jwags

Since the main ingredient is fruit, it may not show up on your meter, usually fructose doesn't. But keep an eye on bgs because it can affect the liver, that is where fructose is processed.

GAgirl
I use the Polaner Apricot on my baked brie….. nom nom nom…..

The tiny bit of sugar is well worth it (all the SF jams I tried had a real "chemical" taste to them)

This is my way of thinking on it exactly! Having that extra fiber makes me feel even better about it, LOL

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.