Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KelliMax

Anyone in Michigan?

KelliMax

Hi, I'm new here, and fairly new to having Type 1. My husband and I would really like to have a second child (first after diagnosis) and have done a ton of reading on the subject, and have my A1C down to 6, but would love to talk to someone local about their experiences with specific doctors, OB, etc. We're moving soon to the Lansing area and will be looking for an endocrinologist as well, and if you delivered anywhere between Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor I'd love to hear about your experience with your doctors.

Thank you!

Lady Imp

Holy cow, that's a lot of real estate between Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor that you're talking about there!

Sadly, I'm up in the pinky, but fortunately Lansing is a decent-sized town, and I don't doubt that they will have the facilities that you will seek. I know that the Sparrow Health System is affiliated with MSU, and since I like university-affiliated hospitals, I would start researching their facilities if you want something closer. If you don't mind the hour-long drive though, I think Ann Arbor has the better overall healthcare system.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.