Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

11 weeks and feeling flutters... too early?

GrnEyes84

I am feeling flutters already from the baby. Is it too early? I know everyone is different. I can also tell the difference between it being hunger or gas and actual flutters! This makes me excited. Has anyone experienced them this early before with their first child?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

patricia52

I felt my first at 12 weeks. Just flutter but defininitily the baby.

I know the doctors say you feel the baby later but us girls know our body.

Tanikit

I think I was 13 weeks with my first and a little later with the second. That is exciting - wait until he/she is kicking you hard and then you might miss the flutters.

GrnEyes84

I completely agree with you and it is definitely the baby. Felt it first when I was laying down in bed last night and then felt them all day today at work! It's so awesome!

Phoenix

the first time i felt my son move, it tickled. i thought my pantyhose were creeping down. so i checked, and the waistband was WAAAAAY up over my baby bump. then i felt it again. i checked. the waistband hadn't moved. the third time i felt it, i thought of my pantyhose again. then i realized - it's the BABY!!! i almost laughed out loud.

(i was in class. it would not have been an appropriate time for peals of laughter.)

i was nearly four months along then. each of us is different and each pregnancy is different - so you are feeling your baby.

congratulations again. this is such an exciting time for you!

Lizzie G

thats pretty early but if you know you know! wait til it starts feeling like you have a dinosaur in there! my first son went crazy the entire time, felt like he was trying to escape through my stomach the entire time and could constantly see limbs protuding at all angles; this one seems more placid, which is more comfortable, but now of course i worry hes ok and all that stuff, just because hes not totally crazy like my first!

such an exciting time for you its lovely to share your journey and hopefully offer a bit of support along the way x

rubidoux

Lizzie, I had almost no kicks at all during my second pregnancy bc my placenta was facing out (like along the belly side) and it was the scariest thing ever bc the doctor wanted me to do kick counts anyway and I would be so lucky to even feel a "maybe that was possibly a movement" once or twice a day, so while I didn't go to the ER every time I failed the kick count, I did go several times bc I'd get to the point where I wasn't sure if it was yesterday or the day before the last time I felt a movement! So, well, I totally get those worries!

GrnEyes, I think that's really early. I was 19 weeks when I felt my first one moving, but I wonder if that was bc I was pretty heavy. I think that's supposed to make it harder to feel. My second one, though I could hardly ever feel him move, I felt a couple of weeks earlier than that.

Are you gonna find out the gender? I found out with my first at 11 weeks via ultrasound, which was early but if you can't see it now, it shouldn't be too long! :)

mom24grlz

i wish i could remember when i felt all my kids.

Ashleigh i definitely remember. I was at an overnight church retreat when i felt her move. I was 19 wks pregnant

Madisyn i didn't think i'd ever feel her move. Eventually felt her between 17-18wks

Emely I felt at 15 wks (so it got earlier with each child)

Catie-This one i can't remember at all! (and she's my most recent pregnancy. She's only 4) For some reason i think i felt her around 12 or 13 wks.

I think if you're on the smaller side the sooner you may feel your kids. I was at my heaviest with Ashleigh, and my lightest with Emely.

Jan B

Chris - what you say matches perfectly with what I've read about later pregnancies. You can feel them move sooner. It also makes sense that you would feel them sooner if you were thinner. Almost 30 years ago when I was pregnant, I think I was 5 months before I felt anything, and it was strong! So, maybe (since I was so sick) I was feeling the baby sooner and didn't know it.

I'm happy for you Ms. Green eyes!

Lizzie G
Lizzie, I had almost no kicks at all during my second pregnancy bc my placenta was facing out (like along the belly side) and it was the scariest thing ever bc the doctor wanted me to do kick counts anyway and I would be so lucky to even feel a "maybe that was possibly a movement" once or twice a day, so while I didn't go to the ER every time I failed the kick count, I did go several times bc I'd get to the point where I wasn't sure if it was yesterday or the day before the last time I felt a movement! So, well, I totally get those worries!

GrnEyes, I think that's really early. I was 19 weeks when I felt my first one moving, but I wonder if that was bc I was pretty heavy. I think that's supposed to make it harder to feel. My second one, though I could hardly ever feel him move, I felt a couple of weeks earlier than that.

Are you gonna find out the gender? I found out with my first at 11 weeks via ultrasound, which was early but if you can't see it now, it shouldn't be too long! :)

my placenta is posterior again, do feel same amount of movement, hes just a lot less frenetic so i think "oooooh is he quite there mentally" or something. plus the guilt of how stressful my job is and how i wont be able to take it easy until i finish work at 37 weeks.....motherhood hey, guilt and worry!

GrnEyes84

I am going to find out the gender. I have an ultrasound next week and I will be 12w 1d so hopefully I will get to see the gender when I go. I know they're not always positive then but hopefully the baby will cooperate and they will be able to tell. I am excited about that. I will also be getting the sequential screen and the other screening to check the nasal bone and the fluid on the back of the neck for genetic defects. Praying all goes well and all is good and the baby is healthy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.