Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrammaBear

Quest for hot chocolate recipe

GrammaBear

Obviously I should not have the commercial versions of Hot chocolate. Does anyone have a homemade recipe that would work - even if I have to bolus for it?

Java

i think i'd just try mixing heavy whipping cream with unsweetened cocoa and the sweetener of your choice, mix and taste, mix and taste, til you find a ratio that you like

good luck!

Haniwitch

On those days when I really need hot chocolate (usually it’s just tea or coffee) I heat up a cup of unsweetened Chocolate Almond Breeze in the microwave, add a bit of cocoa, a bit of whipping cream and when I really need the extra comfort I also whip up some cream for a topping. You could also put in a little sweetener of your choice. I hardly ever use it because once I purged all those bad sweet foods from my diet after diagnosis I find that even a little bit is usually too much.

And now that you’ve brought up I think tonight I’ll dig up my nephew’s gigantic A&W mug and make me some. We’ve been in the middle of an extreme cold spell for a while now and I’m freezing all the time so a regular cup probably won't be enough (plus it gives me more room for extra whipped cream).

jwags

I use unsweet Coconut milk or almond milk and stir a teaspoon of dark cocoa and a splash of Davinci chocolate syrup or other sweetner and warm in microwave or heat on stove. A dollop of whipped cream on top and a sprinkling of cinnamon would finish it nicely.

princesslinda

I make the old fashioned hot cocoa using the recipe on the box of cocoa, just subbing Splenda for sugar and adding the Hood Calorie Coundown milk instead of regular milk. Tastes great!

NoraWI
I make the old fashioned hot cocoa using the recipe on the box of cocoa, just subbing Splenda for sugar and adding the Hood Calorie Coundown milk instead of regular milk. Tastes great!

I just made some last night only I used almond milk and a small splash of whipping cream. Delicious! Really hit the spot!

dice22

Grammabear I use G.F.I. coffee (* Swiss mocha for my hot cocoa) it only has ' it only has 2 carbs per Tablespoon, but sometimes I can find Swiss Miss that is only 25 calories & I believe that is low carb also.

GrammaBear

Thank You to each of you that posted your ideas for hot chocolate. It will be fun to try each one in turn. I had missed my 'comfort food/drink'. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.