Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndreaJane

Concerning Results on 3hr GTT but OB Says "Normal"

AndreaJane

I failed my 1hr GTT with a 137 (the cutoff with my OB is 135) so I had to go for the 3hr GTT.

My values for the test came out as:

Fasting: 81 (should be under 95)

One Hour: 143 (should be under 180)

Two Hours: 162 (should be under 155?)

Three Hours: 67 (should be under 140)

I only even know the values because I asked for them after my OB said they came out as normal. I researched the value ranges and it looks like I failed the two hour test (cutoff should be 155) and I am pretty concerned that my blood sugar plummeted almost 100 points in an hour...that does not seem "normal" to me. I am very new to learning anything about blood sugar so I thought I would post here in hopes of getting some feedback.

Thank you in advance! :)

Harold

I should have a glucose profile like that, in my dreams. The 100 point drop in an hour, nothing to worry about. When a really fast drop happens you will physically notice it.

AndreaJane

Thank you for your response...it's good to know that these numbers seem ok. I am also 30 weeks not the normal 28 for this test which leads to higher results usually so I guess I am ok with the results. Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.