Diabetes forums
chadha

What's your last A1C?

chadha

This thread is created to share your Hb1ac results so that we can look at each other's and use them as record also.

My reports just announces today. My last hb1ac was 6.4% as on 1st September 2013.

A1C as on 31st December - 7.5%.

My variability just caused me this high plus the recent transition from injections to Pump.

rubidoux

Way to go! That's a great improvement. :) I think mine was either 6.3 or 6.4. Either way, I'm happy with that.

Hooterville

Good job, Chadha.

My last was 5.4 but you and I are apples and oranges.

chadha

Thanks Rubidox and Debbie but the results fell short of my expectations. Since there has been the variability in my sugar so I was expecting to be around 7 but 7.5% is definitely a wake up alarm for me. But I'm sure once I learn to use the Pump effectively I will have it around 6%.

Tanikit

Chadha that pump takes a while to learn and you were doing it entirely on your own for a while. You will get it down - just give it time.

My last was 6.4 in December. I will not have another til April next year.

Uff Da

My last A1c in October was 5.8, but if I had to do another today, I'll bet it would be up a bit, an additional one or two tenths of a point. My next one will be in February.

chadha
Chadha that pump takes a while to learn and you were doing it entirely on your own for a while. You will get it down - just give it time.

My last was 6.4 in December. I will not have another til April next year.

Tanikit, im burning out. More frustrating is everyday i wanna do basal testing some ****** obstacle comes in n spoils everything. Btw ur last hb1ac looks good.

Dznypal

the time before was in july 2013 at 6.0 at that time my dr was talking about putting me on Met--not thrilled with that idea and the dr knows it

so she had me come in again in 4 months instead of the a yr like last time

so this was Nov 2013 and it was 5.9--and no more talk of Met--its hard to believe that by it going down 0.1 that it kept me off meds

on the other hand my chlestrol was almost # for # the same in july as in Nov

it july it was no problem now its a problem and she wants to put me on meds for that now

No thank you!!!!

Hooterville
Thanks Rubidox and Debbie but the results fell short of my expectations. Since there has been the variability in my sugar so I was expecting to be around 7 but 7.5% is definitely a wake up alarm for me. But I'm sure once I learn to use the Pump effectively I will have it around 6%.

Sorry! I misread your post. I thought your most recent A1c was 6.4.

mom24grlz

Ashleigh's last one in December was 6.5%. We thought that was high, but her endo was happy. Said it was good for a 14 year old girl going through Puberty.

samuraiguy

5.3, if my next week one is under 5.5 (with Holidays thinking 5.3 to 5.4), it'll be two and a half years of being under 5.5 with diet and exercise alone.

chadha

Today got the latest HB1AC report and it is - 7.6%.

I didn't do good but I think amid the process of learning Pump and adjusting doses it was very much expected.

Good news is in my glucometer the avg reading of last 7,14 & 30 days is between 135-140 which makes it around an avg A1c of 6.5%.

Tip - pump isn't a magic formula. Pump is what you make out of it. I was wrong and stupid enough to think that i could increase the intake of my carbs once I got the pump.

JanetP

5.9 just a couple of weeks ago.  I have been very lax this winter and it shows.  Time to get back on track.

Suffie

8.0 last December

7.5 February 17th (started pumping THAT day)

7.0 March 31st

(6.5 May 15th? PLEASE? haha)

janice21475

Finally got the report from my Husband's Dr - 6.4

They used to send a letter with all the readings and comments, now we get a form letter saying the diabetes is 'under control.' Yeah, under control like this can cost him a foot or his eyesight. I know we have to get tough but we've had too much sickness and injuries to do that. Life goes on. I can't worry about it.