Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

chadha

What's your last A1C?

adiantum

Lloyd I just don't think I''ll be able to sleep tonight knowing of this crisis  you are in. Have you considered counselling ?

seriously... you are an inspiration & I congratulate you .

Tanikit

My last 4 were:

9.3 in May 2013

8.3 in August 2013 (started carb counting and lowered insulin taken drastically - yes too much insulin can result in a very bad hba1c)

6.8 in November 2013

6.4 in December 2014

I am due my next one sometime in the next week - it will probably be higher than Novembers and Decembers (I am betting somewhere in the 7s)

bigdad7

6.7 so excited as i have been 7.4 to 7.6 for almost two years and i get checked every 3 months

Uff Da

6.7 so excited as i have been 7.4 to 7.6 for almost two years and i get checked every 3 months

Just curious - what did you do differently this time?

bigdad7

Stopped eating meat cut out diet soda and limited time in resteraunts......little difficult since i,m a truck.drivervbut eating a lot of fresh/steamed veg with whole grains and beans......

MalteseMom

01/14 FBG 89 A1C 5.4 Cholesterol 116 Trigs 139 HDL 31 LDL 57

10/13 FBG 124 A1C 7.0 Cholesterol 69 Trigs 164 HDL 20 LDL 16

6/13 FBG 109 A1C 7.1 Cholesterol 81 Trigs 221 HDL 23 LDL 14

New one coming next month. Began LCHF sept (actually added HF mid-Oct)

Ricros

I went from 7.8 to 6.8 All it took was getting back in control and stop being a dumb@$$.  My doctor was pleased with the jump and gently reminded me not to let it get that high again.  But my thyroid test was a still a 3.07 not the 2 the endo wants.

stinastina

My endo called me today ! 6.5 ! I was 6.8 two weeks ago ! And 8.1 in Juanuary ! I have added krill oil and r-ALA this month. Cholesterol went down, too and HDL went up 2 points in 2 weeks ! :D

Kit

Just got my A1C test results in.

At diagnosis on Jan 29th I was 10.4

The drew blood from me Apr 29 and it is 6.7!

Not as low as I was hoping, but I'm making progress.

Now lets see if I can get the next one under 6.  :)

Uff Da

My results from yesterday's blood draw just showed up on my doctor's online report.  My A1c was

5.6!  

Though it sounds good, I'm not actually all that pleased with my control.  I had too many lows this time.  I think I'm really better off keeping the A1c at around 5.8.  

jnapadow

My latest A1c was 7.8.  I'm on a pump but my meal bolus is out of control.  I can eat a piece of bread and my sugar shoots up to 300 and can take 25 units to level it out.  My doc says I'm on too much insulin but only suggested u-500 instead of the u-100 I'm currently on.  I tried Symlin but didn't like the injections.  I am now going to try Metformin.  My sugars are up and down all day and night. 

Java

just got my new result today...........it went up from 6.1 last time to 6.3 this time

time to buckle my booty down again and whip myself into eating properly

*sighs*

apollo322

Looks like it may be my turn to sit on you and force you to eat low carb only Angie:) Honestly it's still not that bad, a few changes will make a big difference

Java

LOL, then you'll have the cushiest seat in the house!

and yea, my body responds quite nicely when i feed it only things it can handle

chadha

Carol and Angie well done... Your results look good you both may not be satisfied with ut and further eant to imporve it but they are good.

Jpadowm i can understand your pain buddy. My shgar also jumps right after eating but I'n not on Symlin.

May I ask you buddy how many carbs you take in a meal? I take around 60-65 per meal, though breakfast is totally non-carby.

Book Woman

Well, my A1C was 6.5 in Jan 2014 and just found out my latest was 6.0! Working to get down to 5.something

Kit

Excellent everyone.  My next is due end of July/beginning of August and I'm hoping I make as good of progress as all of you.  :)

JanetP

6.1 as of yesterday afternoon, blood sugar at the time was 125, not fasting.  Not as bad as I thought it would be considering how lax I have been with diet the past few months and all the med changes.  But I still want to be below 6.  It's time to tighten up.