Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

chadha

What's your last A1C?

Uff Da

Got my A1c results from yesterday's test. 5.5. Yippee! Lower than I expected from my daily readings. Down from 6.1 in April. However, that previous test was during a stretch when my BG was crazy high due to taking high dose niacin, which I later dropped. Other than that one time my A1c had ranged between 5.5 and 5.9 ever since going on MDI back in 2013. 5.5 is the lowest I'd had previously, though, since becoming diabetic.

Dave_KC

I forgot to post here, as of about 2 weeks ago, my A1c is at 5.0... and that's with no diabetic meds for the last three months.  

10 hours ago, macksvicky said:

Just got test results, 5.2

And @macksvicky, that's fantastic!  Way to go!

Fraser

hope this is posted somewhere that counts, this format is not user friendly.

no wonder no one comes back.  Who knows where to look

any way latest A1c after six months of travel, not being at home to control everything I am up a bit from 5.7 to 5.9. . It sure was fun. 

Not bad, I am happy with it.  Still no meds )

now to have a better A1c next time. 

Dave_KC
8 minutes ago, Fraser said:

hope this is posted somewhere that counts, this format is not user friendly.

no wonder no one comes back.  Who knows where to look

any way latest A1c after six months of travel, not being at home to control everything I am up a bit from 5.7 to 5.9. . It sure was fun. 

Not bad, I am happy with it.  Still no meds )

now to have a better A1c next time. 

That's still a great number @Fraser!  Way to go.  

Rdani87

A1C from end of October:  6.7.  Went up, unfortunately.  Not happy.  Doctor took me off red yeast rice because I'm sensitive to statins and he thinks that is what affected my A1C.  Hopefully it will come down in January.

Edited by Rdani87

macksvicky
31 minutes ago, Rdani87 said:

A1C from end of October:  6.7.  Went up, unfortunately.  Not happy.  Doctor took me off red yeast rice because I'm sensitive to statins and he thinks that is what affected my A1C.  Hopefully it will come down in January.

That just might be the culprit, you've had lower numbers before this one. Fingers crossed for January :)

Rdani87

A1C from January:  6.5.  Went down some, but still disappointed.

JohnSchroeder

5.9!  Always happy to be sub-6.  Was actually surprised.  Expected it to go up from my previous 6.2.  Between the flu and a new baby, things had been all over the place.

Uff Da

A 5.9 for me, up from 5.5 last October. This is my first A1c since starting use of the Freestyle Libre. I did expect my A1c to increase a little, since the Libre has allowed me to almost eliminate any actual hypos lower than 60. My Libre still does show some, however, because I have a habit of sleeping on my side and sometimes I'll compress the sensor enough to show a low for hours. I can usually tell when it is a false low, though, as within five minutes of moving off that arm, my Libre reading will read about 20 points higher. Initially, I'd do a blood check when I found a Libre reading that low after sleeping. Now I don't bother unless it still reads low in about five minutes. 

Fraser

The mid point between my actual 6 month lab work.

home test kit for this.

4.9 but.  I usually add .4 to adjust it to match my actual lab work.

With an estimated A1c of 5.4 or so, I am back on track after several months of travel and events 

which is good.  To be confirmed with the lab work in a couple of months. 👍

meyery2k

Doctor's office - 4.7

He said he has never seen someone maintain 4 for so long.  I hope I can keep it up.

LCD

Before the recend changes in the forum, there was a conversion option  for conmparing A1c  numbers to daily Fasting Blood Sugar Levels.

and I think there was another conversion option, but not sure?  Anyway, did it go away? or am I just losing it?

janice21475
14 hours ago, LCD said:

Before the recend changes in the forum, there was a conversion option  for conmparing A1c  numbers to daily Fasting Blood Sugar Levels.

and I think there was another conversion option, but not sure?  Anyway, did it go away? or am I just losing it?

Hi LCD, Just the other day I was searching for that tool, too, with no luck, I must add. Even 'search' is not the same. :rolleyes:

Dave_KC

Just went to the doctor's office portal and got my lab results...  A1c of 5.0, so I maintained that number, and I'm now 9 months with no diabetic meds.