Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

chadha

What's your last A1C?

Hammer

It took me a while to find one of these tests, but here is the same type of test that my mom used years ago.  It doesn't state how the test is done, but from reading some of the reviews, it sounds like the same test that my mom did years ago.  When you get the test, it gives you a lancing device, and in my mom's case, a card that has two open spots on it.  You use the lancing device to prick your finger, then you place a large drop of blood on each on the two open spots.  You then place the card into the enclosed envelope, and send it in to the company.  They will then send you back the results of the test.  This type of test proved to be very accurate, but I don't know if this is the same test.  I got the test from Wal-Mart many years ago, and it was only $10.  Considering that this costs a lot more, I'm sure that it's not the same brand of test, but that doesn't mean that it's not accurate.  Has anyone here used this type of test?

Fraser

Even though it may not jive with your lab, you can still use the home test to see where you are.  The next time you go have lab results, use the at home test and compare. 

I took the home test today, just to see what is going on.  I would expect my A1c to by higher than typical.  A lot of stress, funerals, moves and I haven’t been exercising as I normally do.  As I said the last home test was 4.6 todays home test was 4.9 as expected. Now I have never had a lab test lower than 5.6

So I would expect my lab tests might push or exceed 6.0 (ugh). Something I have not done 9 years.  Oh well.  

There are lots of variables with both at home and lab testing.  But at least the two sets of test seem to be consistently different. 

I have been well controlled for 9 years, but still use the labe test twice a year.  Although I am allowed a lab test every three months. 

CVS test kit.  They all seem to be the same now. 

Edited by Fraser

Kit

5.3 here

Disappointing though I knew it was going to be higher based on my meter readings.

Still in acceptable range though.

Fraser

5.9.  Since this last year has been very stressful and eating patterns have been off. I was surprised at the result, as the last three have been at 5.9

My lowest everis 5.6.  Diet and exercise only no medications.  I was expective and jump, glad it did not. 

dowling gram

Just got my last A1C results. I haven't broken my record of A1C's under 6 since 3 months after diagnoses in September of 2012--it was--5.6

adiantum

Hey Mr.J..it's great to see you & 6.2 looks real good to me.

13 hours ago, xMenace said:

Doc is happy but I'm not.

don1942

7.2 down from 7.8 four months ago. Not sure if the decline is due to my 670G getting accustomed to my patterns or my switch over to Fiasp.

pattycolombia

This Tuesday had my labs done, was expecting a high number, due to hyperglycemia effect of a corticosteroids nerve block (rotatory cuff syndrome) went to ER for numbers as high as 284. But I got a 6.2 😊

meyery2k

Today at the doctor's office - 4.7

Maintaining weight, BP, and diabetes.  I earned another reprieve from a visit for 1 year.  The doctor put it well when he said I am behaving and sticking with my program so there is no need for more frequent visits.  He is pleasantly surprised that I am remaining in remission.  I still get the sppech of the possibility that this might progress but, for now, there seems to be no evidence of that.

I really don't know if this is special or not.  I am grateful, don't get me wrong, but I see so many people with diabetes not even try to do the things we do here. 

The naysayers that were promising me I would gain my weight back and more now ask me how I do it lol...

dowling gram
4 hours ago, meyery2k said:

The naysayers that were promising me I would gain my weight back and more now ask me how I do it lol...

The old saying--lead by example--rings true here. Most people who try to lose weight diet. They lose it and then gain it back because their diet is only temporary. You don't diet you lost weight by a lifestyle change and that's the difference.

Julies

14.8. Just out of ICU. Went from pills to insulin. I will post with my next A1C which is sure to be MUCH better. Thanks!