Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

chadha

What's your last A1C?

shades9323

Back down to a 6.5 from a 7.3. Had a few months there where I just didn't give a poop!  Got a new pump and Dexcom and started to get back on track. 

chadha

Back down to a 6.5 from a 7.3. Had a few months there where I just didn't give a poop!  Got a new pump and Dexcom and started to get back on track. 

Congratulations Shades. This is a big improvement, it is surely to going to motivate all of us, epspecially T1s.

JanetP

5.8 a couple of weeks ago.  My very first endo appt is tomorrow.  It's going to be interesting to hear what she says as their usual clients don't come to them until they are in the 7-10 range.  I have argued with too many internests and family practice docs that less than 6.5 is too low.

macksvicky

5.8 a couple of weeks ago.  My very first endo appt is tomorrow.  It's going to be interesting to hear what she says as their usual clients don't come to them until they are in the 7-10 range.  I have argued with too many internests and family practice docs that less than 6.5 is too low.

And I bet none of them have diabetes either! If they did, you can bet 6.5 wouldn't seem too low then!

chadha

I congratulate both my friends, Janet and Laura on their new A1C reports.

Laura, I still have doubt in your case, I think it is more than ur daily readings reflected in the past three months. Maybe it is erroneous.

JanetP

And I bet none of them have diabetes either! If they did, you can bet 6.5 wouldn't seem too low then!

Vicky, the doc that originally diganosed me was a T1 on a pump.  When I asked her how often I should check my sugars she said "once or twice a week".  I haven't been back to her in a while.

macksvicky

Vicky, the doc that originally diganosed me was a T1 on a pump.  When I asked her how often I should check my sugars she said "once or twice a week".  I haven't been back to her in a while.

I don't blame you a bit! Talk about missing the big picture, once or twice a week wouldn't even give you a glimpse of what's happening.

Mine are in my signature.  My doctor hasn't told me what to shoot for outside of my daily test range of 75-140.  But it sounds like my goal for A1C should be 6.0...

Forester

I just took the ReliOn FastAic Test.  It is a home test that gives a reading back on a meter after 5 minutes.  It comes packaged as 2 tests, so of course I did an immediate test/retest,

Results test 1:  4.9

Results test 2:  5.2

For $23 at Walmart, not bad!

I am getting a lab A1c next week, so it will be interesting to compare.

Forester

Interestingly, I came across a blog post earlier today that elaborated on the usual "last 2-3 month average" that the A1c is said to measure.  He claimed that (quoted from a very expensive medical reference book) about 50% of an A1c is accounted for by the past 30 days, 25% by the 30-60 days, and 25% from the past 60-90 days.  So it is somewhat skewed in favor of the last few weeks.  And it turns out that if you read the fine print that comes with the FastA1c kit, it says the same thing.

chadha

I would like to congratulate my fellow members, H&V, forester, rfrank,kristen and kit on their good results. May this continue and we all shall get even better results..

adiantum

Now that must be why your avatar  has  a satisfied smile on your face Lloyd.

May it never fade away.

5.6 is great & being a member here for 8 years, it gives us all hope

Lloyd

5.6 is great & being a member here for 8 years, it gives us all hope

I was on pills for 12 years, 1 year injections, 7 1/2 on a pump. So far, no complications at all.

-Lloyd

adiantum

That's almost 20years with  D !! You really are an inspiration Lloyd.

I've just 7yrs & do hope I & all df members can go that long without complications

I was on pills for 12 years, 1 year injections, 7 1/2 on a pump. So far, no complications at all.

-Lloyd