Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

chadha

What's your last A1C?

chadha

Thank you for the encouragement.  I know good A1Cs take time and hard work, and I want to be more active here on DF especially since I don't really know any other diabetics in my area.   

Start participating in more threads and you'll be more engaged. You may start wtih Morning Thread, Average Threads(most useful for Type 1 diabs) and even Chit Chat threads. Join these and you will take no time to be a homie.

Eh562300

I just got my official 3 month  a1c back today at 6.0!  Yay, that's certainly moving in the right direction.

The 6.0 result was very close to the over the counter non-lab a1c just a few days earlier which was 5.8 (the Walgreens and Walmart kind that you do at home in five minutes, not the kind you mail to a lab).

Where should I post to ask questions about my numbers that concern me? The nutrition forum?  My triglycerides are very high and have gone up dramatically since I started eating high fat (see below).  My HDL is also much lower than it was when I started this LCHF journey.

Thank you for all of your help and support on this.

ParishM

last test on 9/14 was 6.1 and this test on 1/15 was 6.1 so no better no worse

macksvicky

No matter what your A1C turned out to be, You all should be commended for all the effort put forth and be proud of yourselves for not giving up  :congrats:  

chadha

8.4 last Aug.   8.1 Nov  Now 8.5 Feb'15.

Doc wants me to go to endo.  YUCK.

Don't worry. You will bring lower next time, I'm confident. 

Stl-T2

Woot!   Just got my latest A1C results:  5.4!!  But now doc wants to take me off the metformin.  I'd rather stay on till my weight is down farther (currently around 270), but maybe I'm wrong about the met being key for me.  Maybe it's just the low carb diet.  Decisions, decisions....

Kit

Congarts!  Great results.

I know what you mean about being anxious about dropping the met.  Last time I was in, my doctor said she wanted to take me off if my numbers stayed about where they were.  My new blood draw is March 23rd (I know, I'm close to 2 months late), and I am nervous about the results.

chadha

Congarts! Great results.

I know what you mean about being anxious about dropping the met. Last time I was in, my doctor said she wanted to take me off if my numbers stayed about where they were. My new blood draw is March 23rd (I know, I'm close to 2 months late), and I am nervous about the results.

Good luck, KiT Edited by chadha

JanetP

5.6 yesterday.  I was anxious about it becasue I have increased my carb intake more than usual over the past 3 months.  Time to get back on the wagon.

Kit

Looking at your history though, its an improvement and still well under 6.  :)

cplca

I am so glad and count my blessings for having found this Forum just a few days

after DX. You guys showed me the way and you should all be proud for your participation

to this Forum. Never stop writing, good or bad experiences, this Forum is a gold mine of info

for whom takes advantage of it. The combined knowledge of everyone here is remarkable !

I owe you all no less than my life and my new found health. 

This has been such a humbling experience for me so far.

Thank you all for your life saving and life changing words. 

I was DX type 2, October 6th 2014 with an A1C of 19+

My last A1C was done early on December 19th 2014 and was down to 6.6

Should get the results of my new A1C March 11th 2015. Aiming for a 5.5

just can't wait to find out !

I'll let you guys know as soon as I get the results in a few days.

Kit

Stl-T2:  I'm curious how that goes for you.  I was planning on the same thing if my doc decides to stop or reduce the Met.

cplca:  let us know when you get your results.  A drop from over 19 to 6.6 in just a couple of months was amazing.  Even if you don't make it under 6% this time, you have a lot to be proud of.  :)

cplca

Well, I just got back from my Doctor's appointment and it's a 5.2 for my latest A1C

I was told that it was only the second time in his whole career that he saw such results

after 5 months. I have been given the OK to drop my Apidra or my Lantus, for now I will

experiment to find out the one I might let go but I think I might end-up keeping the Apidra

as needed. 

So my half hour visit turned into a 2 hours session, I've never seen a Doctor taking so

many notes and asking so many questions ! I actually felt bad for the poor guy as I tried

to explain each and every steps I made for the past 5 months.

They're so used to implement small step at the time and wait for results at each little steps

that they get lost when you take drastic measures and implement a whole chain of protocols

all at once.

Well, I have to get a new goal now and all I can do is to tighten my control. I know that if

I stopped the cheating meals and snacks I could go bellow 5.0 but what's the fun in that ?  :P

So, here's my new goal 5.0 in 3 months and I keep my cheat meals and snacks.

Mmm... 2 or 3 quarter pounders and and a stack of fries sounds pretty darn good for super

or maybe a mountain of grilled cheese sandwiches ? Oh and some broccoli for the guilt factor  ;)  

:adore: Big thanks again to every one for helping anyone who wish to help them self.  :flowers:

Kit

Awesome results.  You have a lot to be proud of, and to celebrate.  :)

mbc1963

I just went in for my 3-month follow-up visit after diagnosis in December. Original A1c was 7.0; this time round it was 5.5. My doctor was super excited and impressed, which made me happy. In your FACE, muffins I did not eat!!

Cpica: how awesome for you that you got your # so low - and how amazing that you have a doctor who asked you what you did and took notes! That is so wonderful to hear!

Thanks to all the learned members who share their knowledge. I got way more information and help online than I did from the medical professionals!

Kit

I got my results in the wee hours of the morning.

3/23/2015, I'm at 5.1.

YAY!  Its only .1 difference from last time so looks like I'm holding steady, which was my goal.

My triglycerides and LDL continue to drop.  My HDL has gone up a little more.

I has a happy.  :)

chadha

I got my results in the wee hours of the morning.

3/23/2015, I'm at 5.1.

YAY!  Its only .1 difference from last time so looks like I'm holding steady, which was my goal.

My triglycerides and LDL continue to drop.  My HDL has gone up a little more.

I has a happy.  :)

Wow.. 5.1 is definitely a Big occasion to be happy about. Excellent work Kit and congratulations.

Rdani87

Just got back from my appointment today and A1C came back at 8.3!  Best progress I've made yet!  (It was 9.5 in January!)