Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roachi

Can protein in urine cause false positives?

Roachi

Hi there. :)

Please bare with me as i am trying to get the hang of this forum stuff! :)

I am Rochelle, i'm 28 and have had type 2 diabetes since i was 16. I've been very up and down with my diabetes, and even though i am not as big as i use to be i am still overweight. I recently took a pregnancy test which came back positive. In fact i took three on different days and they all came back positive.

I don't know why, but i'm still thinking it's not real! I keep reading articles all over the internet, that too much protein in the urine can cause false positives. And i know that last time i went to the docs they were saying there was some protein in my urine. Could it be possible that my body is just messing with me? And is that true?

jdm
Hi there. :)

Please bare with me as i am trying to get the hang of this forum stuff! :)

I am Rochelle, i'm 28 and have had type 2 diabetes since i was 16. I've been very up and down with my diabetes, and even though i am not as big as i use to be i am still overweight. I recently took a pregnancy test which came back positive. In fact i took three on different days and they all came back positive.

I don't know why, but i'm still thinking it's not real! I keep reading articles all over the internet, that too much protein in the urine can cause false positives. And i know that last time i went to the docs they were saying there was some protein in my urine. Could it be possible that my body is just messing with me? And is that true?

A quick query to Dr. Google says that yes, that is possible. Get a better test from your doctor. Also, if you are pregnant you have to be a LOT more precise in BG control, so be prepared to use daily insulin and keep very good track of things.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.