Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k_dub

Breast Feeding and Low Milk Supply

mzteacher

My situation was a long time ago. I did not find support then from the medical field. I found it really helpful to have the support and go to some Le Leche meetings. Good luck Kelly. It can be worked through and is really rewarding. I could not pump worth a darn!! He is one lucky boy to have you!!!

k_dub

Yes I went to a LaLeche meeting last week and will go next week. Also working with IBCLC. We are making progress but still supplementing.

I ordered domperidone from the UK. Waiting for it to arrive.

My supply is almost there.

Lady Imp

After spending a week ridiculously painfully engorged and going through motions to reduce my supply...I've dropped SUBSTANTIALLY. Breastfeeding is WAY more comfortable now, CJ will actually latch on now (she fought me earlier, probably because she would get squirted in the back of her throat...can't say as I blame her, sounds super uncomfortable) and she'll go for a good 10-15 mins and she is FINALLY able to drain a breast (we weren't even getting to the hind milk before)...but I still had to supplement her with formula during the process if I planned on getting her to sleep any so I could get some work done. I'm kind of regretting it now...I still FF her a bit, but I get her to suckle some in an attempt to keep telling my breasts "hey, I still need youuuuuu!!" and I think it's sort of working...I just wish I could get my breasts to produce at the level I want them to! I feel like I'm either making WAY too much milk (I would bend over and literally find myself squirting like a water gun, it was awful) or not enough. Argh, frustrating.

Anyway, the whole point of my even getting here was I Googled lactation cookie recipes and found this one that looks rather tasty and I plan on making sometime today. Very not diabetic friendly, but I'm to the point where I don't care. My BG has been a tad on the low side to begin with, so I'm not gonna worry about it. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies By Noel Trujillo Recipe - Food.com - 192346 Does anyone know if wheat flour is considered to be one of the ingredients to help lactation? Cause I would ideally like to replace it with almond flour and cut the carb count some...

k_dub

Wheat flour is not a galactalogue. Oats, brewers yeast and flax are though. I've been eating lactation cookies for several weeks now. I've been wanting to make them gluten free but not necessarily low carb. I also found a paleo version that I might try.

Received the domperidone today. I'll let you all know how it works out for production.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.