Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Imp

Well....****.

Lady Imp

So I went in for my usual NST today....and discovered that I had gained 3 lbs since Friday, my blood pressure was through the roof (well, for me at least, I tend to run pretty low), and oh guess what, they found protein in my urine. :( All that fighting for a later delivery date, and it looks like I'm starting to develop preeclampsia. Tomorrow I do a 24-hr urinalysis for a better look at things and I go in for my regularly scheduled NST and ultrasound on Friday, when we'll discuss everything and see what the options are...but I'll admit, I'm scared. I know we're way more medically advanced nowadays, but I really don't wanna find myself going down a la Lady Sybil in Downton Abbey....

I'm super disappointed. Perhaps I'm blowing everything way out of proportion, but I doubt they're gonna let me go much past 37 weeks now (I hit 36 tomorrow, which is when they wanted me to deliver in the first place). :( I know that this wasn't something that I could have possibly planned...but still. Disappointed beyond belief.

Lizzie G

oh no what sucky news. how highs the blood pressure?

im really gutted for you, i too am hoping to go (slightly past) term and its almost like they are looking for justification to bring it forward! (im 38 weeks now).

on the positive side though, at least you are at a point where it will be safe to deliver and baby unlikely to need help breathing etc..

im so sorry though i can completely understand why you would be feeling the way you are.

but ****, at least you wont be pregnant too much longer!

Lady Imp

Blood pressure #1 was 140/70, #2 was 142/78...not high enough for them to immediately wheel me into the maternity ward, but enough for them to be concerned (especially since I tend to run about 115/50). Right now, I'm being watched like a hawk and playing a wait-and-see game. But now, every twinge in my head has me concerned (I was told to call if I ever got a headache) and my fat feet and ankles have me worried (despite the fact that they've pretty much been there since week 10). I know I'm being irrationally concerned at this point (which isn't going to help anything), but seriously all I wanna do is curl up into a ball and cry. This was not what I had planned. At all.

jenb

((((((Lady Imp))))))))

Sorry life threw you such a disappointing curve ball. Once you have Baby Imp, though, you'll be on cloud nine and it will all have been worth it.

Keep your chin up....

Jen

bluemoon

Nothing ever seems to go to plan, especially where babies are concerned! Your baby will be fine. My daughter gave birth to her little girl at just under 26 weeks and we all lived on a knife's edge for several months but she came through and today she is a happy, healthy 5 year old, the love of my life. I wish you every happiness for the future. Enjoy every minute with your baby because they grow up so fast. xxx

Lizzie G

try not to worry, just see what the next few days bring. at this point it could be anything, all you can do is wait and see and go back sooner if you get any signs.

im so sick of being pregnant now i keep hoping something will happen. nothing ever does other than getting more tired more hungry and feeling more like im about to pee myself. currently eating several chocolate bars a day and various other ****. have given up caring about the weight gain!!!

was going to post my own thread of misery today but theres already a few going hehe!

keep us posted how you get on il be thinking of you imp lady!

Lizzie G

ps this website classes a lot of words as swearing that i wouldnt! the one i just used starts with c ends with p and has an ra in the middle. i can do a lot better than that!!!

Lady Imp
try not to worry, just see what the next few days bring. at this point it could be anything, all you can do is wait and see and go back sooner if you get any signs.

im so sick of being pregnant now i keep hoping something will happen. nothing ever does other than getting more tired more hungry and feeling more like im about to pee myself. currently eating several chocolate bars a day and various other ****. have given up caring about the weight gain!!!

was going to post my own thread of misery today but theres already a few going hehe!

keep us posted how you get on il be thinking of you imp lady!

I think we're all just having rotten days. I call for chocolate ice cream and Molly Ringwald movies.

Lizzie G

its our wedding anmiversary today too! had chocolate souffle with tonnes of thick cream. i love how its so full of fat that my blood sugar stays so flat!!! my arteries are probably collapsing tho.

1115 pm here so going to bed; i expect to wake up to pee about 3 or 4 times. the last one at 5 am will wake the toddler who will then come running in excitedly and refuse to go back to sleep. maybe i should get a bed pan!!!!

Lady Imp
its our wedding anmiversary today too! had chocolate souffle with tonnes of thick cream. i love how its so full of fat that my blood sugar stays so flat!!! my arteries are probably collapsing tho.

1115 pm here so going to bed; i expect to wake up to pee about 3 or 4 times. the last one at 5 am will wake the toddler who will then come running in excitedly and refuse to go back to sleep. maybe i should get a bed pan!!!!

Well happy anniversary!! I always use those 3-4 nighttime wakeup bathroom breaks as a good time to check my BG...I've been battling overnight lows this entire pregnancy, it's insane. My basal rates are almost 1/5 during the night that they are during the day, and my I:C ratios during the overnight are twice what they are during the day...crazy stuff.

Lizzie G

how did today go? iv got awful sore throat so very bleurgh and my 2 year old has watched far more tv than i am comfortable with! hope all ok?

Lady Imp

Well protein is still elevated...my first BP reading was high, but the second one was normal so they're chalking it up to white coat hypertension...but, amnio levels are good, placenta is still good and blood through through the umbilical cord is good, so all in all, everything is ok. They're going to let me keep carrying until the 5th. :)

Lizzie G

good news! 5th is day after my due date; im booked in on 9th all being well until then (very much doubt it will happen before). how far along will you be then?

so glad all is ok. i think at this stage protein leakage is quite common for all women so hopefully not too much of a worry.

time to get back to the junk food and movies?!

Lady Imp
good news! 5th is day after my due date; im booked in on 9th all being well until then (very much doubt it will happen before). how far along will you be then?

so glad all is ok. i think at this stage protein leakage is quite common for all women so hopefully not too much of a worry.

time to get back to the junk food and movies?!

I will be 38 weeks at that point. And pulling my butt out of bed to be at the hospital by 5:45 in the morniing. (ugh) And I won't be able to have anything other than clear liquids so a cup of coffee to wake up is out of the picture. So is breakfast. Which is, by far, my favourite meal of the day. I could eat my weight in bacon, for real. :(

Unfortunately, junk food and movies translates to lasagna and answering some questions on Mahabharata tonite. I'm trying to get as far ahead in my classes as I can over the next two weeks. Sure, they're all online and I can work on it in the hospital...but I'm not entirely convinced I'm going to want to. Which is actually quite odd for me, I tend to be one of those people who is completely lost when not doing some form of schoolwork...maybe I'll watch Despicable Me while doing it. Cause that movie rules. :)

Bountyman
...maybe I'll watch Despicable Me while doing it. Cause that movie rules. :)

That movie melts me. Reminds me of when my daughters were that age. After the movie I have to inject at least 100 units of testosterone to get back to a comfortable normal. ;)

Lady Imp
That movie melts me. Reminds me of when my daughters were that age. After the movie I have to inject at least 100 units of testosterone to get back to a comfortable normal. ;)

I'm all about the minions, I love them. I would kill to have my own set of those things. My pump has a skin with them on it, it's as close as I'm gonna get I think...

Jan B

Dear Lady Imp and Lizzie --

Just thinking, if I go about my business offline, in just a very FEW days, I'll be able to sign in here and see that we have TWO NEW BABIES!!!!

Time is crawling for you both, but in the bigger picture it's so very close!

All good things and love to you both ---

mom24grlz

Have you seen the 2nd one? My 4 year old loves it. She calls minions Ian's. :)

Lizzie G

hey mrs imp,

not had any updates in a little while; how is everything going? are you definitely being induced on wednesday or will you go a bit longer if bp etc no longer a concern?

im now 3 days away from my due date with no signs of anything going to happen. i fully expect to be going in a week tomoro (40+5) which is annoying. yesterday i was in the soft play centre with my son climbing to go on the big slides with him, if that didnt stir this child nothing will.

have developed a couple of fresh new stretchmarks the past few days, one of the joys of going to term.. medically all is well with placenta, baby, bp etc. as much as i want this baby out i hope i dont go into a quick labour at night anytime, its so cold! if i do go into spontaneous labour i will be holding off going to the hospital until the last possible minute and will be pushing for a quick discharge providing it all goes smoothly. i have secretly being reading up on emergency home deliveries.......

i saw smurfs 2 today. how life changes with kids. at one point i laughed out loud at one of the lame jokes. my husbands face was a picture if disgust!!!

Lady Imp

Well, so far everything's good. We're still going with the C-section on Wednesday as planned, cause yeah, I am so done with this now and I want Lord Imp home for the birth (he's away at school and pretty much has this next week off due to an annual festival the university has). There's also concern over re-tearing a retina so I'm not comfortable with a VBAC. My OB at my appt yesterday seriously looked like she was going to die of shock, like she's never had a diabetic go past 36 weeks and deliver a healthy baby...*le sigh* have I ever mentioned how much people around here make me want to run headfirst into a brick wall? Anyways, I've started to have BG issues the past week...nothing too scary, but I've been having frequent minor lows and have been finding myself dialing the pump back every other day. The placenta is still looking good though so there's no concern there, it just looks like standard post-36 week decrease in insulin resistance. I've lost a few lbs as well, possibly due to the fact I'm not taking as much insulin?

I will admit though, I have been enjoying eating forbidden food the past few days and not have them send my BG into the stratosphere...the donut I just ate...was AMAZING.

Lizzie G

i didnt realise/remember you were having a section. part of me still thinks i should due to risk of tearing badly again but think il stick to the vb but be very firm about an early change of plan if hes back to back or an instrumental looks likely.

i must admit i do feel some annoyance towards the large number of poorly controlled diabetics that fill our doctors memories with emergency sections at 32weeks, low blood glucose and jaundice. no matter how many times you say it to them it is like banging your head against a brick wall: my physiology is far more comparable to a non diabetic person than many of these women. my blood sugar controls been tight my whole diabetes career, thats the crux of it. some of these people seem toview diabetes as an actual "thing"; an actual disease which attacks, whereas to me diabetes is not a "disease"; its an organ that doesnt work and i do its work for it. its a passive pancreas: its not spitting out nasty little chemicals that attack, its doing nothing!!!!

re the drop in insulin requirement i have had similar dips but placenta is looking good. my obstetrician thinks any dip is concerning but agrees that so few type 1s go to term or beyond that its a bit of an unknown.

i have been stuffing my face the entire pregnancy and am like jabba the hut. the amount i eat is revolting. i never really limit myself for diabetes reasons....just bolus aggressively lol.

would be fun if our babies bothcame on the 5th!x

Lady Imp

would be fun if our babies bothcame on the 5th!x

LOL that would sure be a kicker. My MIL is already stoked because it just so happens the 5th is her birthday as well haha.

Phoenix
I'm all about the minions, I love them. I would kill to have my own set of those things. My pump has a skin with them on it, it's as close as I'm gonna get I think...

this is the wedding cake i made for my hubby and me - two years after the date!! (the anniversary cake was another cake...)

post-56347-139628788218_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.