Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

Good news and some bad news

GrnEyes84

So I did find out what the baby is it was flashing all over the place lol. Gave a good show. On the other hand they said my cervix is short and they are worried about pre term labor and birth. They put me on progesterone to make sure that I don't have that and if that doesn't work then they will stitch it shut so that doesn't happen. It sucks cause the progesterone isn't cheap and I am most likely gonna be on bedrest and won't be making a full paycheck. I'm not sure what to do. I'm a little more stressed now.

Oh and the baby is a BOY!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

Lady Imp

Sorry to hear about the complications. :( I will be praying for you and the baby.

But....stitching shut the cervix?? What are they gonna do, thread a needle and sew you up like a stuffed animal? :eek:

BTW if the bedrest is considered a medical necessity, you should qualify for disability. You might want to look into that.

GrnEyes84

I've already looked into it and I will get disability but it will only be half of my pay and now i just found out I'm not getting any taxes back and that I owe taxes. Wow this really bites. I was really counting on that money for my baby showers and stuff. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I appreciate them

rubidoux

First off --- Yay!!! Boys are so fun! :D Congrats!

And about the cervix, ugh, not what you needed, but I have known people go through it and it can be done and I think when you've got your little guy in your arms you won't care that it ever happened, yk? How many weeks are you now?

And ??? about shower money? You shouldn't be spending money on a shower! That's someone else's job!

adiantum

How exciting to know it's a boy.

A flasher already? Keep those pics for his 18th Birthday

Hoping all goes well for his delivery

GrnEyes84

I definitely winter care when he's in my arms just a pain right now and one more thing I didn't need to have to worry about. I will be 18 weeks on Tuesday. I see bedrest in my future definitely now.

I know I'm not supposed to spend money on a shower just want to make sure it's how I want it ya know. I am particular about those kinds of things. I am hoping for the best and preparing for the worst at this point. I just want him healthy and to not be born too early. That's all I care about.

I will definitely be saving those pics for later in life! I'm looking forward to it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.