Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

In the hospital again

GrnEyes84

So I went to get an ultrasound to see how my cervix was and it was drastically shorter than last week. So I was admitted to the hospital for observation. They are checking for infection and are going to do a emergency cerclage on my cervix tomorrow. I am a bit nervous. Better to be safe than sorry though. Baby and I are fine. Blood pressure has been high today and don't know what my protein is but should soon. Please keep me and little Zahne in your prayers. I think everything will be ok though. I am thinking positive!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

ramon

A very nervous time but take a deep breath and relax. Think about baby names and what you think he will look like, you or the daddy. You have a good staff around you who have 100's of years experience between them and been through every possible problem there is. Don't worry be happy.

GrnEyes84

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I think everything will be ok. They are saying I will probably only be able to work part time now. It's okay though whatever is good for the baby!

rubidoux

You know, I didn't work during either pregnancy and I can't imagine doing it. My first one I felt great for most of the pg, but towards the end, ugh. You will be happy to be taking it a little bit easier.

GrnEyes84

I am actually really glad she said she only wants me working part time. She wants me on pelvic rest for the rest of my pregnancy. No being on my feet all day at work or anything. We will see how this cerclage works and if it does the trick or not. Either way I think the baby and I will be just fine!

Lizzie G

so glad you are ok. sounds sensible to be working part time, even despite the stuff with your cervix it must be stressful and difficult fitting the medical stuff around work. glad you feel positive. everyone here is thinking of you and hoping you have an easier few weeks ahead than you have had recently x

GrnEyes84

I am home from the hospital. They put a stitch in my cervix so I am hoping that it will do the trick. I am on bedrest/pelvic rest for the next week and then we will see what the doc says after they measure my cervix again and see where it's at. They're thinking only 4 hours of work a day though. I think that would be much easier and a lot less stressful on me.

Man does my back really hurt from that spinal they did. Definitely didn't feel good but wasnt as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Not looking forward to another one though that's for sure. I just feel completely drained now :(

ramon

Seems like you cheered up some, I'm glad. I also wonder if you might claim short term disability in your situation? Might pay just as much as you working part time.

GrnEyes84

I am actually gonna talk to the doc about it. I'm not sure work is going to work with me on my schedule, they said they want part time people working at least 28 hours a week and she really only wants me working 20 a week. We will see what they say. Insurance might be an issue also with only working that much.

I am going to see what they say and she says when I go back in to see them!

mzteacher

My goodness what a lot of stress for you!!! I had a friend that had her cervix stitched shut for a couple of pregnancies. It worked for her.

Wishing all works out the way you want it too with work and your healthy baby!!

Best wishes and take good care of yourself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.