Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katrinka85

Prenancy stuff... and questions.... -- help???

Katrinka85

Hi everyone...

so I should be almost 7 weeks prego already.. (time flies...I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I found out).

anyways.... I read a lot of stuff online and it looks like by now I should have the morning sickness and that pregnancy stuff..but I don't have any....

My boobs hurt and I slept for 14 hours one day last week but that's pretty much it for the symptoms... Should I be worried? I think by now I should have had the morning sickness or the cravings...

I have not had my first ultrasound yet and I am extremely nervous to find out that there is not heartbeat...

anyone else out there with similar problems???

thanks!!!

jwags

I had 6 pregnancies and each one was different. I had morning sickness with a couple but not the others. The change in hormones does make your boobs hurt. That is always how I knew I might be pregnant.

rubidoux

No, no worries! With my first, the only symptom I had in the first 7 or 8 weeks was a rediculously keen sense of smell. I didn't even have any breast soreness or anything. I started to feel a little car sick now and then around 7 or 8 weeks, but even then only barely for a half hour here and there. Around the same time I started having fairly intense food aversions. I felt like I could barely make myself pick out meat at the grocery store and nothing appealed to me. Cravings didn't come until much later, like maybe 4 or 5 months, and for me it was all about fruit for both pregnancies.

In my second preg, I never had full on morning sickness, but I did just feel *yuck* for a lot of it. I would say the whole first 4 1/2 months and then it came back in the last couple of months.

So, I think every pg is different and there are a lot of women who have no m/s at all.

mom24grlz

not everyone has morning sickness, i didn't. Consider yourself blessed. My symptoms were: sore breasts, being tired a lot, heartburn and having to pee all the time.

Lady Imp

I wouldn't really call not having morning sickness a "problem"...actually, as a diabetic, *having* morning sickness is more of a problem. You have no idea how many problems I had because I would bolus and eat something, only to have it come back up mid-meal and have to find something to eat or drink that would cover the insulin that was now in my system and that wouldn't cause a repeat. And that is just in addition to the fact that morning sickness just plain 'ol sucks. Don't worry about it at all and consider yourself lucky.

rubidoux

So true, Lady Imp. During my first pg morning sickness was so mild that it didn't effect how I ate or what I kept down at all. But for the second one, m/s made it really hard to keep my b/s in line because the only time I felt remotely human was when I was eating or had just eaten, so it was hard not to be eating too much/too often to keep my b/s down.

Katrinka85
not everyone has morning sickness, i didn't. Consider yourself blessed. My symptoms were: sore breasts, being tired a lot, heartburn and having to pee all the time.

yes, your symptoms are exactly like mine... only w/out heartburn..

Thank you!!! good to know :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.