Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aftiel

Off Topic: So how did you choose your name?

Aftiel

Moderators please bump this if it needs to be posted someplace else.

So how did you choose your name on this board?

As for mine, I have a computer network at home, and I name my computers after the Archangels -- Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Uriel, etc.

"Aftiel" is the Angel of Twilight. That sounded cool so that is why I chose it :)

- Aftiel

Cinnabon

Yes, I know, very nice if I may say so.. it happens to be my GA.

Mine is because I LOVE cinnamon, especially Makara. Love the smell of Cinnamon, now I can actually eat them, but the smell is HyPnOtIzInG!!!!

rzrbks

as opposed to the sneaking, conniving, low-down people who are found in Texas,:smartass:

Razorbacks(from Arkansas) are loyal, trustworthy, loving, dependable, honest, hardworking and did I mention trustworthy?

thus rzrbks

Erin

I guess I'm kinda boring... it's what my mother decided she'd like to call her offspring. Well... actually she wanted to call me Michael... but I went and messed that up by being a girl.

Dewey

I got my nickname from my nieces, who couldn't say my real name when they were younger. The nickname kind of stuck. :D As they got older, they tried to start calling me by my real name, and I told them "No, my name's Dewey!" I also go by "Dew."

Eri's mom

That's cool, Dewey...b/c my kids couldn't call my cousin "Niki" or "Nicole" so they called her "Geeky"...and to this day, 14 yrs later, it's stuck...lol...

My name is easy...Eri's my daughter, I'm her mom...aren't I the original one?

discordia

Discordia is referencing a reference I've referenced in a book, may I refer you to Stephen Kings Dark Tower series?

It's technically:

Dis·cor·di·a ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-skôrd-)

n. Roman Mythology

The goddess of strife, identified with the Greek Eris.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Latin, from discordia, discord.]

My wife calls me Aaron and my kids call me dad.

Carwy
Discordia is referencing a reference I've referenced in a book, may I refer you to Stephen Kings Dark Tower series?

It's technically:

My wife calls me Aaron and my kids call me dad.

Are you only telling us the nice names they call you.:aetsch:

PS by the way the Dark tower books are good. Just started reading them and in two day am about done with book I

liz32

I was new to the whole internet and when I went to put in just liz it wouldn't let me and so I added my age at the time. Not very interesting and would love to change it but why bother.

Liz:captain:

Oh, the sailor is 'cause I sail at 27 1/2 foot aloa. I love being on the water...it's a passion with my father and I!

Penny
I was new to the whole internet and when I went to put in just liz it wouldn't let me and so I added my age at the time. Not very interesting and would love to change it but why bother.

Liz:captain:

Oh, the sailor is 'cause I sail at 27 1/2 foot aloa. I love being on the water...it's a passion with my father and I!

When I first got online, I tried everyway I could to just use my name "Penny", everything I came up with was used. My daughter suggested Onecent, and it wouldn't take that....I added 46, the year I was born, and that is my screen name. When I joined the DF, I put in Penny and it took it right away.

Erin

I thought you might be a Tower Junkie! Great series! I'm gonna re-read the whole thing this summer I think. That's the plan anyway. Coney Island here I come!

discordia
I thought you might be a Tower Junkie! Great series! I'm gonna re-read the whole thing this summer I think. That's the plan anyway. Coney Island here I come!

The Dark Tower rules! I read the entire series about once a year. I'm also a Stephen King collector, I do a bit of selling on ebay, mostly Stephen King books and collectables. I'm also a little fanatical about Lost, and Harry Potter of course.

The%20Dark%20Tower.jpg

am1977

Yeah, mine is real original too :rolleyes:...A and M are the initials to my first and middle name and 1977 is the year I was born.

cherokee_psh

Although I have indian heritage, mine actually stems from an accident in the mountains of Maryland. A semi pushed us off the road. Thank goodness there was alot of snow! We went end over end. My daughter then 11, who had removed her seat belt to lay down and sleep, was thrown out, just a small cut to the forehead near the hair line. She says thats where the angels kissed her.

I bought a replacement car, Jeep Cherokee. Dani named it Purple Semi Hater. So CHerokee_PSH.

pbmax

PB are my 1st and last intials.... but PBMAX (penut butter maximum) was candy bar in the USA ment to compete with reseese cups...

I've used it here an there on the net for yrs... Now it's just kinda ironic... and easy to say and spell...

KickStart101

Mine is a family chuckle. Hubbie, tried to "teach ME" how to KickStart the motor-cycle thus 101. I kept falling over(since the bike was so heavy). I didn't even want to learn how.

Plus I am a Very deep-sleeper. So that's about what it would take to

wake me up or a "pail of water", and the latter wouldn't make a very good Id name. :evil:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.