Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mortis505

Hungover

mortis505

Two lows yesterday. Don't know if its my basal or a slight over bolus. Today I feel as if I went out on a bender. Fortunately its raining so I wont have to do any yard work.:D

For now just going to sit here and nurse my coffee.:coffee:

Uff Da

How low did you go? I'm always curious about it when so many say they are totally wiped out after a low. The only times I've felt that way was when I got down to low 40s or one time 37. And even then it was only for a few hours before I felt back to normal.

rubidoux

I wonder why it is that some low blood sugars can have lasting effects and some don't. I have never felt one the next day, but I've had lows that kind of knocked me out for the rest of the day or a good part of the day. That actually hasn't happened to me for a long time, maybe years. I feel like it doesn't have anything to do w the absolute numbers, like the other day I got down to 29, had a few skittles and bounced back, but I know I've had bad feeling lows that screwed me up for hours but were more like 50. Maybe it's partly about how fast the sugar is dropping. It's possible that I've figured out how to avoid lows caused by over-bolusing. These days almost all of my lows are middle of the night or morning when I first get up, or during/after exercise. I feel like I'm having them all the time. I think I get 95% of my carbs from skittles. :(

Hope you feel better soon!

mortis505
How low did you go? I'm always curious about it when so many say they are totally wiped out after a low. The only times I've felt that way was when I got down to low 40s or one time 37. And even then it was only for a few hours before I felt back to normal.

64 and 59. roughly about 3.5 hours apart.

GrammaBear

My CDE told me that 'one' low is equal to 'five' highs in terms of stress to the body. He also said that if a person has one low during a 24 hr period, that the odds are high you will have another - so to be diligent in avoiding lows.

Jan B

Welcome back!

For those numbers to knock you out so bad, it makes me think you've been running too high for a while. Maybe that's all wrong & sorry if it is. It's a good thing your hypo awareness is working well. Glad you came back!

mortis505
Welcome back!

For those numbers to knock you out so bad, it makes me think you've been running too high for a while. Maybe that's all wrong & sorry if it is. It's a good thing your hypo awareness is working well. Glad you came back!

You are absolutely correct. High 200+ for too long.

rubidoux
My CDE told me that 'one' low is equal to 'five' highs in terms of stress to the body. He also said that if a person has one low during a 24 hr period, that the odds are high you will have another - so to be diligent in avoiding lows.

That's true for me. I often have more than one if I have any at all. Bernstein's law of small numbers really works for me, at least until I try to exercise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.