Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

Concerns

GrnEyes84

I know it has been a while since I've posted on here. Things have been rough and everything that happened still seems all so fresh. I have good days and bad days.

Anyway why I am posting on here again is because there is a huge possibility I am pregnant again. I took a test but it came back negative and that test was taken when I was possibly only 4 weeks along. I got birth control put in and I am concerned and worried if I am that it will affect the baby.

I am having symptoms... nausea, blood sugars being completely out of whack for no apparent reason at all. They are normally always good and I have been keeping up on them and they have been good and then through the roof after I eat and take insulin and test 2 hours later. I never had a cycle after i lost zahne so I have no idea when I was supposed to or anything.

I know people are gonna think I am dumb for getting pregnant again if I am but being a mother is the only thing I have ever wanted in life and I am probably only going to be able to have one child anyway. I'm just scared and don't know what to do at this point. Please help. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

ramon

Glad to see you back and you must admit that its almost every women's dream to conceive. Hopefully the daddy will be more involved this time.

Well you must admit you learned a lot with the last pregnancy and maybe your doctors learned about and how to better handle your condition this time. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, please let us know something will you. You are a brave and determined young lady and deserve another pair of green eyes in the family.

rubidoux

Have you done a first morning urine test? If I was you, I'd either buy a few different rands and pee in a cup and try a couple of them or just run into the doctor's office. I'm sure they'd do it right away. I think the most important thing is that you find out right away.

I know that it's possible to carry a baby w an IUD in place, but I don't know if it matters what kind of IUD it is.

I've been wondering how you're doing. I know it must still seem fresh and raw and I hope you're taking care of yourself and have people there to lean on.

Lizzie G

hi lovely lady

like everyone iv been thinking of you. when you have lost a pregnancy wanting to get pregnant again is the most natural thing in the world. all i can say is that you will find lots of love and support here whatever your situation

i really hope that a happy and healthy pregnancy happens soon xxxx

Lady Imp

Good to hear from you again, I've been thinking about you. If I were you, I would call up the OB and get an appointment. They will be able to confirm the pregnancy via a blood test, and discuss the IUD issue and what to do about it if you are. If you were four weeks along, a pregnancy test should have most definitely shown a positive, no matter what time of day you take it, but false negatives are very common so it's better to be safe than sorry. I've never been on an IUD, the thought freaks me out, so I know nothing about them. Let us know how it goes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.