Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kien

Blood circulation at the leg

kien

Hi there, my daughter is 4.5 year old and was being diagnosed to be a type 1 diabetes just about one month ago and we are giving her insulin twice per day now. she has been slowly gaining weight and being active and happy again.

But just these pass three day, she has been talking about her leg being fatigue and cannot really walk or stand for too long. I am wondering if this is related to the insulin she took, I cannot imagine her being too tired or lack of sleep, we have regular meals , regular sleep and regular activity. So her leg or muscle cannot be tired. I am quite sure this is not behavior .

She was not having high bgl when she talked about her fatigue leg. Has any one has any suggestion on how to improve her blood circulation at the leg?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Diabetes forums

Bountyman

I doubt an insulin reaction would be confined to just one limb. I'd let it ride for a few days to see if it either gets better...or gets worse. If it doesn't get better...or change at all...I would take her to the doctor and have some tests done to see if it's a joint or bone problem. Hopefully it's just "growing pains".

Gladtobehere

Was she really active before diagnosis?  How long was she losing or not gaining weight?

Maybe she is getting well to quickly and simply overdoing things before her muscles can catch up. Sprains, strains and aches from being very active can be reported as strange problems by young kids.  

Just a thought.

James Marron

It is a serious matter but don't worry it has solution. Keep your baby under proper tratment, take care as per doctor prescribe and see verything will be all right.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.