Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GrnEyes84

Not really diabetes related...

GrnEyes84

So let's see I have had so many things happen this year already and now I had another happen.

I went to the ER last Thursday cause I was having abdominal pain. First instinct was bs so I checked it and it was fine. I continued tobhave pain even threw up. So I went to the ER. They said nothing was wrong and sent me home after being there for 12 hours. The pain continued to get worse and worse and I was still throwing up and developed a fever.

I told my mom if I threw up one more time I needed to go back to the ER to be checked out again. Bs were still good at this point. I did throw up again and headed back to the ER. Not the same one though. I told them what was going on and they immediately did a CT scan and came back and told me it was my appendix. I KNEW IT! I'm not stupid. I know when something is wrong. They scheduled me for surgery the next day. Don't really remember any kf that part of it.

I am now home and have been recovering. This is the third time this hospital has made a huge mistake in my care and it was last straw. I am getting a lawyer and suing them as soon as I can. I am so tired of that hospital and them not caring and having no compassion whatsoever.

I have had so many issues and medical complications. This is just one more thing I didn't need. Am I ever gonna get a break. I think not. Not to mention that now I am at stage 4 kidney disease and my creatinine has gone up and is now at a level baseline of 2.5. Not good and that really scares and worries me. I want a baby and that won't be able to happen if I'm on dialysis.

I posted here cause it said I didn't have permission to view the diabetes complication forum. It's also saying I don't have permission to view the pregnancy forum either. Does anyone know why?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

rubidoux

I'm sorry, it does seem to be piling on.  :(  

How long has it been since your kidney issues started?  And what is your eGFR now?  And do you know what it was before you got pregnant?  I'm wondering if the pregnancy could have been rough on your kidneys and maybe they will bounce back a bit.  

Also, have you tried LCHF?  There is some reason to believe that it could be good for your kidneys and specifically reverse the ckd associated with diabetes.  If you don't already know about it, start here.  I haven't read anything about it in a long time, so do your own research if you're interested.

That's totally strange about not having permission.  I was able to view those forums before I ever started posting here, I think before I even registered.

GAgirl

So sorry you have been so sick lately.  Prayers for your recovery and you must de-stress now that it's over so your body can relax. You must. 

As far a the other forum thing...PM Tony and ask why. He may be able to look at your account and tweak it for you. 

Please focus on recovery and stability with the kidneys and focus on relaxing your mind and body as going back over what is now in the past, done and over with is not going to change any of it, just keep your body in turmoil . Stress hormones wreak havoc on your brain and body and functions. Please relax and o your best to focus on the things that you can do, that make you happy, that you can overcome with time and positive energy. Much luck.  :wub:

adiantum

There's a glitch in the system & has even told me I'm not authorised a few times. I just clean cookies & all seems to work well again.

Your experiences with that hospital are disgraceful . I believe they cover their arse as much as possible to avoid being sued but do

speak to a lawyer & ask their opinion. I came close to death after a hospitals negligence which flowed on to the surgeon & my GP .

It became clear months later that if I mentioned it when seeking a new GP, I was told their books were closed & they couldn't see me. Then instructed the receptionists not to charge me.... obviously didn't want to be included in  a paper trail .

Other options could also include a letter of complaint to the hospitals board & to the ombudsman . Be sure to keep a copy &  log  of

all communications. Good Luck with it.

mzteacher

Dear Grneyes,

I am so very sorry your health issues have gotten worse and more complicated. Write down what you can remember of these incidents and then let it go for a little while so you can heal and regain your health and strength. The most important thing right now is for you to heal. It can not be good for you to relive these incidents while you are still in active recovery.

Later you will have your notes to help you should you decide on legal action.

Having gone through medical neglect myself. That alone is very detrimental to our health. So be kind to yourself and heal. Then you can plan any course of action you decide on.

Really hoping things take a turn for the better for you. It can feel so very unfair.

Be well Ms. Grneyes!

ramon

Hospitals are in the profit business and bad publicity can hurt. If someone paid that bad attention to me I would hurt them where it counts, in the eyes of the public. I like taking on b#stards like that. Bad publicity hurts. Flyers on car windows in their parking lot would send a strong message and so would registered letters to the medical board. A burst appendix is life threatening and they shouldn't get away with it. So sorry you had to go through this incompetence.

GrnEyes84

It was already bursting when I went back to the hospital and I had toxins in my system that they had to clean out and that hospital killed my child so I think I have grounds for suing them

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Diabetes forums

pat593

Document everything and always ask for all your records.  Are you feeling better? Sorry to hear about your child - how horrible! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.