Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shai8189

Am pregnant and worried...

Shai8189

I was just diagnosed with type 2 in January of this year. When the doctor took my bg it was 283 and the A1C was like 14. At that point he prescribed lantus and metformin. By mid February, with diet change, exercise and the meds I was able to quit taking the Lantus at night before bed. I started to slack a little bit with my bg monitoring and taking my meds for a little bit. Around the time my husband and I conceived I had gotten back on track with my meds. I am now 9 weeks pregnant. So far my highest bg was 130. I have been reading all these different articles and am now very concerned. I guess I was just hoping to get some thoughts on this matter.

rubidoux

Your highest blood sugar was 130? Is that what you're concerned about? Or something else you read? You know. Non-diabetics also go up to 130. If you are testing often (and you should be testing 10+ times a day, IMO) and the highest you be seen is 130, you really don't have anything to worry about.

Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

James Marron

It is no matter to worry. Our medical science is now so developed that it has its solution. Have patient, go for treatment and ready to welcome your healthy and cute baby.

dowling gram

it is dangerous for Pregnant women with diabetes.it had better buy a blood pressure monitor.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O0PZEWU

If your blood pressure is in the normal range and your BG is high why would you need a blood pressure monitor. Your blood pressure is likely to fall if your BG lowers.

Like bounty I think this is a scam or you are working for bestbuy365 in the Phillipines. Either way your post is advertizing and that is not allowed

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.