Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kit

Anyone have problems with Wendys?

Kit

So, my husband was wanting a burger for dinner last night and I was feeling lazy so we did Wendys.  I had 2 Jr Bacon Cheeseburgers without buns and a side garden salad (no croutons) with ranch dressing.

After dinner I did my usual 3 mile evening walk and did some work with weights.

Before dinner I was 91.  After dinner I was 117.  Woops.  No idea what I did there.  I haven't been that high in the evening for like a month.  But I did a bunch of exercise, maybe the rise was because of that.

This morning I was 127.  :blink:

Washed my hands multiple times, took it multiple times, even opened a new bottle of strips and tried the test solution to make sure there wasn't anything wrong with the meter.  Lowest reading I got was 121.  I haven't been this high in the morning for over a month.

Any ideas what I may have done or chosen wrong?  I know the numbers aren't anything to have a heart attack about, but obviously there was something that my body did not like and for the life of me I don't know what it could have been.

I swear the burger just had cheese, bacon, lettuce, and a couple tiny slices of tomato.  There was also mayo and most of that was left on the bun when I removed it.  The salad was just greens with a tiny amount of chopped red bell pepper.  There was nothing I haven't eaten before and I just feel completely confused.

Bee

Have you maybe got a wee cold or infection brewing? Thats the only thing that springs to mind really....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Diabetes forums

Bountyman

I haven't noticed any difference at Wendy's except for their TV ads. Old, fat Wendy has been replaced by new, HOT Wendy!

I'm just a guy! ;)

mom24grlz

Ashleigh and I would consider this a success LOL! but she's not a type 2, either. from what you posted doesn't seem like very many carbs at all. maybe it was the exercise causing the higher (for you) number. Or just one of those diabetes fluke things, you just can't explain (we've had those in the past)

Kit

I definately don't know what it was.

Dowling gram:  where did you get those numbers?  I had been looking and wasn't able to find any details other than everything together.  I have trouble believing a skimpy piece of lettuce and a small slice of a small tomato would have 6 grams of carbs.  According to my lookups a medium tomato has only 6 grams carbs and all the burger had was one tiny slice.

I wonder if they use filler in their burger meat.  I know back when I was a kid my brother worked at Wendy's and they soaked their burger patties but I thought that was only salt and water.

I'm not getting sick that I know of, I've been feeling fine physically.  Well other than tired but that's been going on for months.  It is that time of the month but that hasn't done anything like this before.

I had a piece of string cheese for breakfast (was meeting family for mother's day brunch so I knew I would be eating in a couple of hours).

My 2 hours after breakfast/before lunch reading was 131.  Took it a second time and it was 135.  :blink:

Brunch was crab legs, poached shrimp, and an eggs benedict (minus the english muffin).  Oh and a cup of coffee with 3 pats of butter in it because I felt desperate for some fat and they didn't have any cream, just that sweetened creamer.  Two hours later and I was 88.  Took it a second time and it was 92.  So much better.  Hopefully I have managed to recover from this adventure.  I think I'll avoid Wendys for a while, at least until I get a better grasp on what happened.

I knew once I got down to my goal readings and I started to experiment, that there would be times this might happen. None of my readings were horrible.  I just didn't expect this to be one of those times.

jwags

117 after a meal is not that bad. I don't think you did anything wrong. As far as the higher morning bg it could be from anything. Do you normally walk in the evening?

Aggie

What did you have to drink?  Could they have mixed up a regular soda and a diet soda?

Kit

117 after a meal is not that bad. I don't think you did anything wrong. As far as the higher morning bg it could be from anything. Do you normally walk in the evening?

I wasn't too bothered by the 117, just thought it odd.  I got more concerned however, when it was higher in the morning and kept going up.

I normally do a 3 mile walk in the evenings.  Its my way to relax and disconnect.  :)  I don't normally do weights on the weekend however, and normally they are before dinner instead of after.

dowling gram:  Yeah, I think I'm just going to file this under just one of those weird things.  Or maybe the random number generator is back.  :D

Aggie: Just water.  I lost the taste for sweet drinks a long time ago.

ant hill

Yes I do although it's not a restaurant like you have as it's a very very carby snack shop where Milkshake and icecream & hot dawg's are sold.

Soooo I avoid it like the plague!!!! Except if I feel a low commin on. ;):) Then that's quite different. :D

Lady Imp

The Wendy's website is hands-down one of my favourite websites to look up nutrition information on. They will let you customise your food...if you go to the website and click on "Dine" and then say "Old-Fashioned Hamburgers" and then hover over one of the burgers and click "Customize," you can go and lick on the little minus signs to the right of the burger to remove whatever you don't want on it, and it will automatically calculate the nutrition information with that ingredient removed. I've wasted so much time on that site just clicking around because it's fun....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.