Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timsterzzz

Farxiga

Timsterzzz

Anyone on the new drug Farxiga? Today is my first day on it and I was wondering how others were doing on it. Currently i'm on Victoza 18mg, metformin 2000mg, and Farxiga 10mg. 

TX_Clint

I have been taking Invokana, the otherSGLT-2 inhibitor, along with 2000 mg metformin for almost 6 mos and have had great results. I have had zero side effects and except for morning dp elevated bg due to liver dump, my bg is stable and great all day. I find that the key to success however is diet, VLCHF, and exercise.

rinababy

Hello, Everyone :)

I was just prescribed Farxiga today and I am sort of terrified after reading all of the buzz regarding the increased risk for bladder and breast cancer :( Is anyone else concerned with this ? Why should I take this ? I honestly am about ready to throw it out.. I mean why would I willingly increase my risk for cancer ? Is cancer supposed to be more manageable than diabetes or something ? I am young and sort of scared so some insight would be immensely appreciated, thank you so much xo

-Ri

TX_Clint

It's all a matter of how much risk you are speaking of. I'm not sure 'the buzz' is a highly reliable source of information. You risk cancer just by being and all medications have some possibilities of side effects both major and minor. I look at the benefits and closely examine the studies done, then make a decision weighing the risks versus the benefits. I would discuss any issues about a medication with my doctor. He/she may be able to ease your fears or may recommend other meds.

I have not seen reliable reports that show a significant risk from taking a SGLT-2 inhibitor. Give some references if you can. I'd like to read them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.