Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAgirl

This forum asks "Have you found support"?

Ozzy

I'm a newbie and I wanted to pop in here and give you vets some support back. Thanks for helping me despite the trolls. Thanks for taking your free time to offer me some advice, encouragement, and even a good laugh. I need it all and then some. Thanks mostly for remembering how it first felt when diagnosed, and how lost that place can be

I am learning about my type 2 and much of it comes from this site. It's because of you and your help that you have given me the shot of hope I desperately needed. You guys are priceless, and I will always have gratitude for each and every one of you. Your resilience is inspiring

All the best

JanetP

Dave has a wonderful welcoming post hidden somewhere, the best I've ever read on this forum. I wonder if we could dig it up and use it on all newcomers? Would you consider it rude Dave if we did that?

What he said.  I think it would be very helpful.  Maybe post it in the registration section or as an automatic response to registration?

Phoenix

i get more support here than from other places.  for starters, i don't get pushed into things i don't want to do.  "just one won't hurt."  "what did you eat all day?  you can afford to have a little."  "but it's [insert holiday]." 

if i sense anything out of place from a post - like trolldom - i close the post and bravely carry on with something else.  my own litmus test is:  if drama did not exist before, and it starts every time X [whoever X is] enters, then X is a troll. 

(somehow i am reminded of jeff foxworthy.  "you MIGHT be a TROLL, if...")

you would be surprised at the places where you find trolls.  even in cat-loving, tea-drinking knitting circles of blue-haired ladies.............  suddenly there appears a drooling troll who poses unanswerable questions, makes groundless accusations, and name-calls.

as for n00bs - i extend a warm greeting when i'm around.  the more, the merrier.  i wish more diabetics knew about this forum.  i wish there were 50 people in chat round the clock.  but that is because i have faith in the people i have met here.

macksvicky

Love all the above posts! I signed in this morning as a newbie to this site and unlike the afore mentioned Trolls, I appreciate the welcome I got and hope the Trolls do not cause anyone to stop welcoming newbies. This site has so much information, support and friendliness and I'm glad to be a part of it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.